LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTex

All-SEC
Sep 19, 2002
Spring, Texas
Re: 2013 LB Reuben Foster flips to Barn

If his heart isnt in it for Bama, then the best of luck to him wherever he may go , except for when he plays us. My question to any recruit is " Is you goal not just to play for a national championship, but to win one...how does two out of the last three sound to you ? "

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Here's what I cling to now when we miss out on a star recruit. "This ain't 2006 anymore. This ain't the dark ages of Bama football anymore." It is the opposite. It is one of the golden periods of Bama football. We've won two NC's in three years. Our recruiting classes now have more talent in one class than three recruiting classes in years past. Bama football is now a well oiled machine no longer running on used parts. We get the best and when we miss out on the best we replace it with the best.

I hope on a personal level it works out for Foster if he decides to keep his commitment with the barn. Unfortunately, he has now put a lot more obstacles in his path to get to what he wants.
Well said. I used to follow recruiting so closely because we were literally in survival mode as a program. That's no longer the case - far from it in fact.

I honestly hate it for any kid that has a chance to go else where and they buy into what they're selling at the barn. It's a clown show down there right now. At least under Tubberville they ran a program with some semblance of trying to develop talent.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Here's what I cling to now when we miss out on a star recruit. "This ain't 2006 anymore. This ain't the dark ages of Bama football anymore." It is the opposite. It is one of the golden periods of Bama football. We've won two NC's in three years. Our recruiting classes now have more talent in one class than three recruiting classes in years past. Bama football is now a well oiled machine no longer running on used parts. We get the best and when we miss out on the best we replace it with the best.

I hope on a personal level it works out for Foster if he decides to keep his commitment with the barn. Unfortunately, he has now put a lot more obstacles in his path to get to what he wants.
This! I can remember the day when something like this would have stung really bad. Now, I honestly view it so much more as his loss, not ours. Do not get me wrong, I was thrilled we had Foster's commitment. But honestly, I could care less now.
The part that gets me is the cow college crap behind it all. From orchestrating the move to auburn down to the copying of Yeldon's statement. Honestly, it's laughable that this is the way they "win" in their own minds.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Recruiting is becoming almost a "who is hot last?" type of game. It doesn't mount to a hill of beans who they "commit" to now. It only matters who they like on the first Wednesday in Feb. I think that is why UGA has done so well. They don't expend a lot of energy recruiting sophmores. They do spend a lot of energy recruiting the last few months before signing day. I'm sure there is a fine line between recruiting early and recruiting late.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Actually, this whole Flip thing makes it easier for us to recruit him.

Think about it. He was committed to us while all other programs were recruiting him with a fury. So what can we do to counter that? Not much as he is already committed. You don't want to over do it with him or you wind up actually pushing him away from your program.

Now we can recruit him for all its worth and not worry about losing him. au on the other hand has to be careful from now on so as to not force him away. The "hunter" has now become the "hunted". :cool2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Recruiting is becoming almost a "who is hot last?" type of game. It doesn't mount to a hill of beans who they "commit" to now. It only matters who they like on the first Wednesday in Feb. I think that is why UGA has done so well. They don't expend a lot of energy recruiting sophmores. They do spend a lot of energy recruiting the last few months before signing day. I'm sure there is a fine line between recruiting early and recruiting late.
I know the last 24 hours has not been good to us but 90-95% of our commits are solid and will not waiver and won't play the game. The high profile 5-star guys are a little different but this is part of the beast that has been built. We don't need to lump every recruit out there into the Foster of Nkemidike category. With recruiting being as large and as high profile now some kids will take advantage of the limelight. We had 18 "early" commits yesterday and we now have 17 "early" commits and I expect all 17 to be part of this class along with 6-8 more 4-star or higher recruits. While I don't like what happened with Foster we will survive and thrive without him.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

if you would have read my first sentence...you would see where I drew this conclusion. learn how not to take things out of context.
thx

Glasscutter, I don't think I did. Regardless, I have seen adjectives used in the last couple of days that have not appeared in a single RF post for the entire year he was committed to us. If he recommits, will his sense of entitlement have disappeared? So why don't we hold back on our sudden insights into his character until we see how this plays out?

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

My brother an I were talking about it and he brought up an interesting scenerio. It maybe a little convuluted BUT what if RF had this plan with CNS that would de-commit from Bama/commit to AU to help alleviate the pressure he has gotten from AU, Trooper and their fans. (ie Bell, Kenny). I know it's a stretch, but what if?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Interesting because at 1st I thouhgt it might be a UA fan upset just saying it but just heard it on a UGA board and the guy usually pretty good about their info. Foster apparantly was asked to leave the Opening early because he got in trouble not because of the injury. He took the trip to Washington because his plane was scheduled to return after the Opening was over and was not allowed to stay there. It will be interesting what comes out, but again could be a rumor but have seen it from to different fanbases now.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

The sad thing about this for this kid is he just severely hurt his chances of developing into an NFL type LB. If he would of went to LSU (thank goodness he didn't BTW), Florida or heck, even Miss St. he would have received the coaching necessary to develop him into an NFL draftee. But Auburn simply will not provide him that opportunity. Too bad for him.
on this. Saw this the other day found it interesting.Former Auburn Linebackers currently in the NFL and their current total contract value:Karlos Dansby (2nd round pick in 2004) $43mil
Will Herring (5th round pick in 2007) $5mil
Takeo Spikes (1st round 1998) $9 mil
Reggie Torbor (4th Round 2004) $1.95mil

Current contract worth in dollars for all former Auburn Linebackers in the NFL: $58.95M
If you take out Karlos Dansby's ridiculous contract, that number drops to $15.95M
It should also be noted that none of these players were drafted or signed from a Gene Chizik head-coached football team.

Now on to Bama:
Former Bama Linebackers currently in the NFL and their current total contract value (Not including free agents signed and currently active on NFL rosters, I.E. Jerrell Harris):
Jarrett Johnson (4th Round 2003) $19M
Rolando McClain (1st Round 2010) $40M
DeMeco Ryans (2nd Round 2006) $48M
Dont'a Hightower (1st Round 2012) $8M
Courtney Upshaw (2nd round 2012) $5.3M

Current contract worth in dollars for all former Bama Linebackers in the NFL: $120.3M
The last Auburn Linebacker to be drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft was Karlos Dansby in the 2005 Draft.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm actually not too upset about the flip to *U when I think about the fact that we signed the #1 Linebacker Class in the Country just this past year. Not to mention the absolute studs we already have on campus.

The only thing that really bothers me is the word for word repeating of TJ Yeldon's statement from last year. I mean I totally expect that type of petty and immature behavior from the 'awbrun fambly' but I really hope that Foster didn't know what was happening there.

It's possible they just told him they would write a statement for him to help him through the situation and the kid didn't know any better.....and if that is the case then I would be glad for him to eventually flip back to us.

However if RF KNEW exactly what he was reading and doing to take a purposeful dig at us then good riddance and have a great time at cow college. I don't want a kid in T-Town that would behave that way. Just my 2 cents and we will probably never know either way how clued in he was to this.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I'm glad that AU, as usual, is just worried about beating us somehow. The repeating of Yeldon's release is a pathetic use of a kid by the Auburn coaches.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If this stays the way it is, look for CNS to hammer AU in November. It will be an epic beatdown in Tuscaloosa.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The only thing that really bothers me is the word for word repeating of TJ Yeldon's statement from last year. I mean I totally expect that type of petty and immature behavior from the 'awbrun fambly' but I really hope that Foster didn't know what was happening there.

It's possible they just told him they would write a statement for him to help him through the situation and the kid didn't know any better.....and if that is the case then I would be glad for him to eventually flip back to us.

However if RF KNEW exactly what he was reading and doing to take a purposeful dig at us then good riddance and have a great time at cow college. I don't want a kid in T-Town that would behave that way. Just my 2 cents and we will probably never know either way how clued in he was to this.
I'd be shocked if Foster knew he was reading TJY's statement from a year ago! If I was a betting man, I'd bet someone wrote it for him and told him to read it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I'd like to hear a response to an earlier post that said Foster had been hanging out in the Barn's facilities.

If true how can this not be a a violation even if he is friends with Luper's son and Barn recruit?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

I'd like to hear a response to an earlier post that said Foster had been hanging out in the Barn's facilities.

If true how can this not be a a violation even if he is friends with Luper's son and Barn recruit?
Same as Bo or another recruit can go hang out @ Alabama anytime they want its an unofficial visit. Also Tats of schools don't really mean much. Lane the tennessee RB has a tat of Clemson, also The FSU Corner has a tat of alabama. Winston last year had posters of alabama in his room. This won't be over until signing day but one has to question these drama queens if its really worth it. I like foster as a player as well as Big Rob. However , they can kill a class and a locker room at the same time ala Bryce Brown. Miami got a guy willie williams i believe was the best prospect in the nation at LB and had a lot of drama and never could stay out of trouble. One last one that the boogs should really know is Tray Blackmon. Great talent but drama and where is he now? After saying that would we take them yes, but I personally believe that the LB class we got last year is under rated and Allen of this year is under rated by everyone but 24/7 sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.