LB Reuben Foster Decommits from Auburn

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2013 LB Reuben Foster Flips, Commits to Auburn

Hmm....Sounds like the train has indeed left the station with Mr. Foster. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up following the Taylors or the Lupers at the end of the season.
If he follows Luper or Trooper, folks will be suspicious about his recruitment.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
Re: 2013 LB Reuben Foster Flips, Commits to Auburn

he will most likely follow his mom's career moves instead...
Hmm....Sounds like the train has indeed left the station with Mr. Foster. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up following the Taylors or the Lupers at the end of the season.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Re: New ESPN Rankings: Reuben a 4 star

Wow not sure why Foster dropped so much. If he isn't a 5* I obviously don't know the definition.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I watched the game when they played Jeremy Johnson and Foster was nothing special. Johnson's team ran and threw all over Auburn. God gifted Reuben with talent, size, and ability, but I wonder about his work ethic. I don't think he'll be able to keep up with college players unless he changes his attitude.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Foster is fat, slow and has dropped off signifigantly since he moved from Troupe County, GA. He was a terror when he played there but he has since gained weight and his conditioning is bad. There's simply too much baggage surrounding that kid, on and off the field.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

I wonder how much of this performance drop is related to his knee injury.
Foster is fat, slow and has dropped off signifigantly since he moved from Troupe County, GA. He was a terror when he played there but he has since gained weight and his conditioning is bad. There's simply too much baggage surrounding that kid, on and off the field.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I guess it is warranted. Lost interest in really following how well he was doing after he switched. I was excited about him as any LB commit we have ever had.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

These kids are easily influenced by adults that want to take advantage of them..That's what happened to Reuben at auburn..I was mad when decommitted from us..Not so much at him..Trooper & Luper were the ones I was mad at(and still am)..The tacky why it was handled had Trooper's fingerprints all over the saga..I don't wish nothing bad on Reuben..I hope he does well enough to make to th NFL..But..I hope auburn as a team keeps up their losing ways like this year while Reuben plays there..

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: *** 2013 LB Reuben Foster Commits to Bama ***

Merged.

Please keep the Foster posts here, folks. We've got an 80-page, 1000+ post thread on him as it is, no use to have another.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

RF is out of shape now but if he were to want to come to bama Saban and company would get him back to a good weight and he would be a star. Our staff are taking a wait and see approach on him. IMO until something changes he will be at auburn because of his family. Even though he is throughly looking around. A key to him switching is the entire AU staff being fired.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

al.com | Auburn 5-star commit Reuben Foster says coaching change 'would make me want to look around'

In an interview with ESPN, Foster said that while he currently remains committed to Auburn, Gene Chizik's potential dismissal as head coach would change his feelings about Auburn. “If there is a coaching change at Auburn, I would be hurt," Foster said.

"It is crazy how they are talking about changing the coaching staff and getting rid of Coach (Gene) Chizik. I am going to be sad, and I will be mad.”

A coaching change would not rule out the Tigers, according to Foster, but it would force him to re-evaluate the program. “At first I will look around heavily, but it is a no-brainer that I will give them a chance. But if I do and it is not where I am meant to be, then I will take another look.”

Foster told 247Sports that several schools have picked up their recruitment of him over the course of Auburn's 2-8 start, with the most attention coming from the Georgia Bulldogs. Before transferring to Auburn High School in the spring, Foster was previously a star at Troup County High School in Georgia. “I am hearing a lot from Georgia," Foster told 247Sports. "I am talking about a lot. They were at my game on Friday. They hit me up on Facebook already today.”
In other words, he's probably signing with Georgia.

To my knowledge, our coaching staff has still not had any contact with him since his flip. He's clearly very much open at this point, and we are looking to add another LB, but it doesn't look like our staff wants to touch this kid with a ten foot pole. Suits me just fine.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

al.com | Auburn 5-star commit Reuben Foster says coaching change 'would make me want to look around'

In other words, he's probably signing with Georgia.

To my knowledge, our coaching staff has still not had any contact with him since his flip. He's clearly very much open at this point, and we are looking to add another LB, but it doesn't look like our staff wants to touch this kid with a ten foot pole. Suits me just fine.

If half the stuff I've heard about him is true, he's going to be an eligibility risk wherever he lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.