Recommended: The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

ForeverBama

3rd Team
Dec 8, 2002
Like many, I discovered Brandon Sanderson because he is completing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series for TOR books. I've really enjoyed his style as he wraps up the WoT, so I looked into his original novels. The first I read by Sanderson was The Way of Kings, which I believe is his latest novel. It was an excellent read, so I went looking for more by him and picked up all three of the Mistborn Trilogy.

The Mistborn Trilogy turned out to be one of the most fascinating and Unique stories I have read in a long time. It is fantasy, set in an original world, which is nothing new. The magic system is unique. But what held my attention so well was Sanderson's open philosophical religious and politcal debate throughout the series, about how we perceive right and wrong, and good and evil, and about the consequences of our actions, even when we think we are doing the right thing.

I highly recommend the series to anyone that enjoys reading.

SSgtBama

Scout Team
Jul 19, 2004
Ive been wanting to try Way of Kings due to the same reason as you, his WOT work. I feel he really has done a good job with WOT and in many ways improved on RJ's inability to get anything going. I think Ill try the Mistborn series since you recommend them so highly. Much to my shock........I am currently reading Harry Potter books.........I am so ashamed.........:frown:

ForeverBama

3rd Team
Dec 8, 2002
Ashamed of Harry Potter? No reason to be. My daughter hooked me on them years ago and I thought they were great. Sanderson is doing an excellent job of closing out the WOT. His original work is excellent though.

Bhammer

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Birmingham
Ive been wanting to try Way of Kings due to the same reason as you, his WOT work. I feel he really has done a good job with WOT and in many ways improved on RJ's inability to get anything going. I think Ill try the Mistborn series since you recommend them so highly. Much to my shock........I am currently reading Harry Potter books.........I am so ashamed.........:frown:
The Harry Potter series is what got me off my butt and into reading in the first place. Ever since I finished Deathly Hallows I have been searching in vain for another series that could capture my imagination like that one did.

If you want to be truly ashamed then read the Twilight series (sis-in-law recommended it and for some reason I listened). Those books are nothing short of horrible. I kept reading, expecting them to finally get better. They don't.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Man he is taking forever to bring out that last book but I loved the last two. The scene when he was telling Cadsuane Melaidhrin that he could kill her not by using the power but just because he willed it. That scene made me put my book down and just pause. I think I will go out and purchase this Mistborn Trilogy, will be something to do while I wait for the last WOT book.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.