*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Re: *** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama ***

You guys are getting off on a tangent and trying to prove a point by discussing something totally unrelated. You might as well be saying losing Cooper won't hurt because you ate your cranberry sauce on the side at Thanksgiving. The two things just aren't related.

The success or failure of an individual class is based on the aggregate performance of the signees and not one individual. That's as obvious as today being Monday. But how about losing your top target at your biggest need position on the roster? That won't break the class, no, but it can (and will) hurt your program and in the end could be the difference between winning and losing a championship (or something else of significant value).

Want a good concrete example? Did losing Reuben Randle in 2009 break that class? No, obviously not, and nowhere near it in fact. Nevertheless, having him on the opposite side of the field on November 5th was the difference between a win and a loss, and that could be true yet again with a national championship on January 9th.

Bottom line: We need Cooper and losing him will hurt badly.
Can't say I agree with this. Randle was a non-factor in that game. Now if you had said having LSU's PK was the difference I would have agreed wholeheartedly.
the point he's making though is that having a WR the caliber of Randle increases our chances of winning that game dramatically. whether you think you can live without player A doesnt really mean a thing until you are in a position where that player can make a difference in the outcome

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Randall certainly cost us the game in Baton Rouge last year, and with it a legitimate shot at repeating as BCS champs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That boat that just went past some of you is the Rueben Randle analogy by BET.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

The way Cooper looked in that video was just what we need around here. If he comes in focused and ready to compete, he will play from day one. This receiving corp is dying for someone to step up and bring a little "vocal leadership" and attitude to it, and maybe this is the guy.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

The way Cooper looked in that video was just what we need around here. If he comes in focused and ready to compete, he will play from day one. This receiving corp is dying for someone to step up and bring a little "vocal leadership" and attitude to it, and maybe this is the guy.
He, Chris Black, DeAndrew White, and Duron Carter. What a receiving core!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

the point he's making though is that having a WR the caliber of Randle increases our chances of winning that game dramatically. whether you think you can live without player A doesnt really mean a thing until you are in a position where that player can make a difference in the outcome
That boat that just went past some of you is the Rueben Randle analogy by BET.
Good grief, at least a few people get it.

Anyone who has even remotely paid attention to this team should know that our biggest problems offensively all season have been a lack of a big target outside to help move the chains and a receiver who can legitimately stretch the field vertically. Randle could and would do both had we gotten him.

And yes we stopped him on November 5th, but doing so took a hell of a lot of attention and personnel that would have otherwise been devoted to stopping the things that LSU put together to score just enough points to get by us. Take away one of their biggest weapons, put him in crimson -- which at the same time fixes our two biggest problems -- and we beat them November 5th. Period.

In any event, I think I'm just to sign off now and spend some time clinging to this life jacket so I don't drown in this ocean of Kool-Aid.

Last edited:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

I understood the point he was trying to make just fine, but that still doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I just don't believe Randle in a Crimson uniform would have changed the outcome of that game like he was asserting that it would.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Good grief, at least a few people get it.

Anyone who has even remotely paid attention to this team should know that our biggest problems offensively all season have been a lack of a big target outside to help move the chains and a receiver who can legitimately stretch the field vertically. Randle could and would do both had we gotten him.

And yes we stopped him on November 5th, but doing so took a hell of a lot of attention and personnel that would have otherwise been devoted to stopping the things that LSU put together to score just enough points to get by us. Take away one of their biggest weapons, put him in crimson -- which at the same time fixes our two biggest problems -- and we beat them November 5th. Period.

In any event, I think I'm just to sign off now and spend some time clinging to this life jacket so I don't drown in this ocean of Kool-Aid.
Couldn't agree more. Great post, he would have definitely helped out in that game. Impossible to say what would have happened but like you said he would be our big play/big guy threat.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Gotta love when recruits turn up to be better than what most people think! Goes to the evaluation process of our coaches. Some say he looks better than Chris Black. Although it is early, this could be another fun game to watch the AL recruits shine.:eek:

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010

After watching his great performance in the UA game....Im really excited to see this guy in Crimson!! Roll Tide Amari!!! WELCOME TO BAMA NATION

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Kid's gotta move up in the rankings with that performance and the way he stood out in camps. Looks like we might end up with 5-6 5-Stars when it's all said and done.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.