*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
Re: Is Amari Cooper Going to Commit to Alabama?

per andrew bone
"Scout.com four-star WR Amari Cooper from Miami-Northwestern, Fla., selected to U.S. Army All-American game. Announcing decision on Friday."

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

I have not seen anything official that says Cooper will be announcing tomorrow other than that AB tweet from yesterday.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Charles Power put out an update on Cooper's announcement plans on BOL. Can't read it because it's premium, but according to someone on another site, he IS announcing tomorrow.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: WR Amari Cooper Updates

If cooper does select UA, will that hurt us with DGB? DGB is bigger and thicker, but Cooper seems to be a Julio type also.
I don't think you can say Copper is a Julio type. He is 6'2" 180 lbs and not as physical or as big. DGB is definitely a Julio type and I don't think it will hurt us but if Cooper does commit we will have three WR in this class and I'm not sure how many spot we have in this class for WR's.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Gladney is a soft verbal.

We all know what happened to the extra receiver last year. If Chris Carter is coaching, the final 2012 WR names should be interesting.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

It is being reported that Cooper will make his commitment announcement tonight after his game. I still think Bama is the team to beat for his signature. He is down to Bama, FSU, and Miami.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Gladney is a soft verbal.

We all know what happened to the extra receiver last year. If Chris Carter is coaching, the final 2012 WR names should be interesting.
Gladney, unlike Daryl Collins last year wont end up that way, unless it becomes clear his grades wont cut it or he wants to go elsewhere. If it weren't for his grade situation, like Eddie Lacy, he'd have many more offers and be a much more highly ranked recruit.

The Staff would simply find room for DGB in the class.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Shane Youngblood is really droping credibility as of late. He also jumped the gun on A Washington saying yesterday he commited to OSU and he only named them his leader. If Amari does not announce tonite that is 2 in 2 days he was wrong on. He might need to stay of the message boards and actually research a little.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Shane Youngblood is really droping credibility as of late. He also jumped the gun on A Washington saying yesterday he commited to OSU and he only named them his leader. If Amari does not announce tonite that is 2 in 2 days he was wrong on. He might need to stay of the message boards and actually research a little.
To Shane's credit, he wasn't the ONLY one that reported that. Some Scout & Rivals guys did too. Maybe (or obviously) Washington was misunderstood

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I don't remember the original writer of the article, but he had quotes from Washington's father. Several writers were wrong on that topic, not just Shane.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I simply don't get these players from Florida and their fascination with FSU at this point in time. I get playing for the state school in UF, but FSU and Miami are average programs at best. Oklahoma beat them like a drum last year and they will probably lose again in Tallahassee this season. Jimbo Fisher=Overrated, IMO...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.