*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: WR Amari Cooper Updates

I simply don't get these players from Florida and their fascination with FSU at this point in time. I get playing for the state school in UF, but FSU and Miami are average programs at best. Oklahoma beat them like a drum last year and they will probably lose again in Tallahassee this season. Jimbo Fisher=Overrated, IMO...
I agree with your assessment of fisher and FSU, however, these kids were born in the nineties and when they were growing up FSU was one of the top dogs in the NCAA and winning championships and getting the best players in the country......by comparison we were a joke. those kind of things can stick with you, and when FSU finally got Bowden out there was hope that the Noles would be good again. Which is yet to be seen.

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010

I simply don't get these players from Florida and their fascination with FSU at this point in time. I get playing for the state school in UF, but FSU and Miami are average programs at best. Oklahoma beat them like a drum last year and they will probably lose again in Tallahassee this season. Jimbo Fisher=Overrated, IMO...
Google "FSU players date FAMU girls".

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I feel like this may be more of a case of Amari changed his mind about committing today. Its not like he told Youngblood there's no way he'd commit today. he told him maybe, which as we know is open ended.

And the Washington commitment was bad information from the recruits dad, cant blame a guy for thinking the kids dad is a reliable source right? :)

Shane's been a pretty reliable recruiting guy for a while so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on these.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

I could not agree more. I am blown away by how so many of these kids think he's all that and a bag of chips. He's proven nothing. I don't get what these kids are thinking as far as Fisher and F$U. He's getting the players. There will soon be no excuses. We'll see if he's any kind of a head coach soon.

Bowden had some excellent teams at F$U, but I think he underachieved as a whole when he was a F$U. They had top five recruiting classes pretty much every year. They played in a very weak ACC and he got two national championships. I think it should have been more.

I am not saying this because CNS is our head coach, but I think a lot of the hype sourrounding Fisher is due to the fact that he coached under CNS.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

....I am not saying this because CNS is our head coach, but I think a lot of the hype sourrounding Fisher is due to the fact that he coached under CNS.
I think you have a point here. But what's funny is UAB almost had Jimbo, what?,, four or five years ago but they couldn't pony up 400K. So my thinking is, what's Fisher proven to go from UAB'esque to a ''could win it all'' coach in such a short period of time? I don't know, I guess we'll see. But he sure is recruiting well.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I don't know, I guess we'll see. But he sure is recruiting well.

You can thank his success to one D. Craig who will eventually get FSU investigated with his "style" of recruiting. this one will be ready for Charles Robinson when the time is right.....

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

You can thank his success to one D. Craig who will eventually get FSU investigated with his "style" of recruiting. this one will be ready for Charles Robinson when the time is right.....
It REALLY gets my goat when a coach who is recruiting plays the race card and Craig apparently has no qualms about using it. Of course, he's an Auburn guy, so I shouldn't be surprised.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I personally am very impressed with Jimbo Fisher, and believe he is a very good coach. He certainly is a very good recruiter. That does not change the fact that Cooper should come here :)

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Easy folks. The Friday night cancellation of Cooper's commitment announcement is not any sort of set back for Bama. Reportedly that is just a slight delay. Cooper should announce sometime in the next week. I don't believe anything has changed but the date.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I just saw on the updated Rivals 100 that Cooper has gone from not being in their top 250 to #58 overall. I guess they are seeing what Saban and staff have seen all along. Chris Black moved up to #31. I hope we get Cooper to go along with Black and Gladney.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I just saw on the updated Rivals 100 that Cooper has gone from not being in their top 250 to #58 overall. I guess they are seeing what Saban and staff have seen all along. Chris Black moved up to #31. I hope we get Cooper to go along with Black and Gladney.
I knew he would rise, but jumping that many spots surprised me. Good to see. I suspect Alabama will have some new guys in the Rivals 250 too.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Cooper going from outside the Rivals 250 to # 58 overall is not a jump but a giant leap. ;)

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1257432
Chris Nee: I would say the prospect that was the toughest for me with ranking this time around was Miami (Fla.) Northwestern wide receiver Amari Cooper. The South Florida wideout, who played sparingly as a junior, moved from a three-star prospect to four-star status, and 58th overall in the Rivals100. The reasoning for such a drastic move is that Cooper was very good during events held throughout the spring and summer. He is a special kind of wide receiver who has great feet, good speed and excellent hands. He is a big playmaker at the wide receiver spot, but his lack of proving it in games caused some hesitation. The good news is that by the end of the 2011 season he will be a household name at the wide receiver spot.
http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1257426
Four other wide receivers made nice jumps as well. Miami (Fla.) Northwestern wideout Amari Cooper came from outside the 250 to move to No. 58 while fellow receivers Germone Hopper (No. 70), Deontay Greenberry (No. 72) and Bryce Treggs (No. 100) all made nice moves as well.

"Cooper came off his junior season as a relative unknown due to a lack of opportunity to show what he could do. He ended the summer as one of the fastest rising prospects in the Southeast," said Nee of the uncommitted 6-foot-1, 175-pounder. "Cooper is a wide receiver with good size, excellent speed, great footwork, and consistent hands. He started his offseason with a strong showing at BadgerSports 7-on-7 and the streak continued at Florida State, Alabama and other subsequent camps he participated in."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.