*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama preseason practice report: Day 7 | al.com

That is the practice report from today. I found this interesting tidbit in it:
Recent commitment Chris Black of First Coast High School in Jacksonville, Fla., is an elite prospect. At 5-foot-11, 175, he is small compared to Julio Jones, but Black is a 5-star prospect. And here's a recruiting nugget: Amari Cooper, a 6-2, 180-pound wide receiver from Northwestern High School in Miami, is expected to announce his commitment to Alabama on Aug. 26. There's less hype about Cooper because he was injured for much of his junior year.
Is this expected?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Is Amari Cooper Going to Commit to Alabama?

I'm expecting it.

He's ours if we want him, and it looks like we do.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Sounds like it was by the article. I REALLY LIKE after reading this...

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Wherever wide receiver Amari Cooper (Miami, Fla./Northwestern) goes, it seems like coaches want to see more of him.

Recently the 6-foot-1, 180-pounder went camping at Alabama as another anonymous face and left Tuscaloosa with another offer.

"They really hadn't recruited me at all," Cooper said. "But they liked what they saw and gave me an offer. I liked my time there, it's probably the nicest campus I've been to."
Amari Cooper's making a name for himself at FSU camp - ESPN

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

And for the record, Cooper is basically just a camp standout at this point. He looks the part, but injuries got him as a junior and he's been flying under the radar. Looks like he's primed for a breakout senior campaign if he can stay healthy, though, and he's starting to draw big interest.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

From his camp and 7v7 performances they are expecting him to shoot up the rankings this fall if he stays healthy. Also everything I have read points to him commiting to UA soon.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Most likely before the end of the month. Some think he is the best receiver in FL. Better than Chris Black.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Can we hang on to him IF he commits and later on the big Florida schools come calling? Does he have any childhood allegiances we should be worried about?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

jam, do you think he's better than Black?
No IMO he is an elite WR but at this point no however ask me that after more tape(and a senior year). Alot of people(analyst) think he is number 1 in the state either way its a big get. Also i believe they are to different Wide outs

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

No IMO he is an elite WR but at this point no however ask me that after more tape(and a senior year). Alot of people(analyst) think he is number 1 in the state either way its a big get. Also i believe they are to different Wide outs
I agree with Jam. Black is a shifty, quick and fast WR who makes people miss where Cooper is a larger, vertical threat with speed. I know Copper was hurt his Jr. year and I could not find any game video on him but he looks good in the camp videos. Would be great to get a South Fl commit and I wonder if Stoutland is recruiting him.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

He's already being heavily recruited by the in-state schools, so no real concern there. Coming from where he does Miami would be the natural concern, but that program is an open sewer at this point and really has no bite left in it, so no major threat to be found there.

Going to be interesting to see what Cooper can do if he stays healthy. As the earlier posters mentioned, he's a good bit different than Black. Cooper's build reminds me a lot of Kevin Norwood, though maybe just a tad bit shorter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.