Bayoutider's recipes.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
I think we should all pick one of Rich's recipes.. make it.. and post the picture on this board.. Ill start it off.. Tonight Im gonna make his dirty rice recipe.

Bayoutider's Dirty Rice Recipe

4 cups rice
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 lb bulk sausage
1 lb chicken livers & gizzards (I only use livers, dont like gizzards)
2 cups diced onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced bell pepper any color
2 cloves garlic minced
2-4 diced jalapeno peppers - optional
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 bunch parsley chopped
2 tbsp oil

Cook the rice with the chicken stock and water till done takes about 16 -18 min do not overcook. Remove from heat and let cool.

Heat oil in skillet and saute all the veggies till the onions become translucent. Add to a big mixing bowl.

Cook all the meat in the same skillet till done. Remove and put in a food processor to buzz them down to smaller sizes about like taco meat.

Add meat and rice to bowl with veggies and mix well. Let sit for flavors to blend. May have to reheat to serve hot.​

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think we should compile a cookbook. Maybe we could get some volunteers to scour threads. I was thinking about putting something together but don't have time to go through 56 pages of threads. The threads with the recipe as the title are the easy ones, but he has a bunch of stuff randomly in the middle of threads. It would be nice to have it as a sticky up top with a downloadable pdf.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Already on it. Gonna try to have it ready by kickoff; will be ready by SEC kickoff at the latest. Brett (BamaNation) and I will keep you updated

I think we should compile a cookbook. Maybe we could get some volunteers to scour threads. I was thinking about putting something together but don't have time to go through 56 pages of threads. The threads with the recipe as the title are the easy ones, but he has a bunch of stuff randomly in the middle of threads. It would be nice to have it as a sticky up top with a downloadable pdf.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Actually, I do. I need any anecdotes or stories that you and any others who knew Rich to intersperse throughout the book. The plan is to give it (the recipes) exactly as he would. (i.e. having beer as an ingredient and the first step is to "take one good long pull of the beer") So all of him can come through in the book.

But yeah...if you & everyone else want to post it here, send it to me directly, or start a new thread with them, I would appreciate it.

Let me know if you need any help.

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
Actually, I do. I need any anecdotes or stories that you and any others who knew Rich to intersperse throughout the book. The plan is to give it (the recipes) exactly as he would. (i.e. having beer as an ingredient and the first step is to "take one good long pull of the beer") So all of him can come through in the book.

But yeah...if you & everyone else want to post it here, send it to me directly, or start a new thread with them, I would appreciate it.
WMack, I hope you received the Private Messages I forwarded to you that Rich and I shared over the years. Maybe some humor in a few.

One other thing you can keep in mind, Rich was a VET and proudly served in the USN, that's how we first connected was having that bond.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
WMack, I hope you received the Private Messages I forwarded to you that Rich and I shared over the years. Maybe some humor in a few.

One other thing you can keep in mind, Rich was a VET and proudly served in the USN, that's how we first connected was having that bond.
Thank you Sir and I did receive them. I will be sure to incorporate them in the book

bilbo

Pro Sports Moderator
Oct 13, 1999
Gulf Shores, AL
His Gameday menus were epic- made my mouth water. Then he'd post pics of what the dogs were wearing. Man I'm gonna miss him......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.