Gameday Grill - Pork Recipes

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Let's hear 'em.

If you can't get the grill going, try this.

1 Boston Butt
Large Crock Pot
Favorite Seasonings
Favorite BBQ Sauce
1 oz Liquid Smoke.

Drop the Butt in the Crock, fat down, NO WATER!
Add some seasonings
Turn on high
Walk away

Many hours later ... when bone and meat separate easily with a fork and one hand

Pour off all liquid and drop the meat into a strainer - flip (rinse if you want even less fat)
Pick out any fat and pieces that do not look like they belong on a BBQ sammige
Reward the dogs for tolerating your kids with fat and UFOs (unidentified floating objects) This is the stuff that usually ends up in your grill ;)

Return the meat to the crock on low
Add sauce, spices and liquid smoke
Stir and allow to cook in for about an hour (if you can)
While you are waiting, prepare a list of humble responses to emphatic praise.

Eat Pork!

Roll Tide Roll

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I did a 4.5 Boston Butt last week, in my 'lectric smoker. Rubbed liberally with coarse black pepper, Kosher salt, the basted with Cattelman's sauce and smoked it 'til the bone pulled free easily ( internal temp reaching about 195). My sister and I, and my son couldn't eat it all, so I put the rest of it in the fridge. Saved it for the game, mmmmmmm...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I'll be doing my heathen oven-cooked baby back ribs today. Hey, I don't have a smoker.

Spice em up, and let the ribs set for an hour or so. Then wrap in aluminum foil (wrap loosely, but make the seals tight), put on cooking trays and cook in a 250 degree oven for 4-5 hours (4 is usually sufficient for two slabs, up to five for three or four).

When you take the ribs out, CAREFULLY drain the liquid into the sink. Then brush with your favorite sauce and put on a med-low grill, 5-10 minutes a side. If you want, you can apply more sauce and repeat. Today, I'll be trying out some Jardin's Texas Peppercorn sauce; i usually cut it a bit with Pilliteri's marinade to make it a cross between a sauce and a glaze.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Response from Jt666's Family: At the age of four our daughter declared she could never be a "vegematarian" because she loved eating her dad's barbequed ribs too much!

Last edited:

rolltide79

Scout Team
Sep 6, 2010
Burlison, TN
A friend of mine told me of a recipe for ribs in the oven. I never tried it because I don't care for them in the oven when there's a smoker or grill available. But, the recipe is that you take the ribs and place them in a pan and pour a ring of tequila around the ribs, cover with aluminum foil and cook. I think the other thing that kept me from doing this one was getting over using the tequila for anything other than game day margaritas. :eek2:

Shoeless

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
Smoking a 5lb pork tenderloin over apple wood. Dry rub with Sage, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Brown Sugar, Butt Rub and Salt. It won't be ready until after the game.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I'll be doing my heathen oven-cooked baby back ribs today. Hey, I don't have a smoker.

Spice em up, and let the ribs set for an hour or so. Then wrap in aluminum foil (wrap loosely, but make the seals tight), put on cooking trays and cook in a 250 degree oven for 4-5 hours (4 is usually sufficient for two slabs, up to five for three or four).

When you take the ribs out, CAREFULLY drain the liquid into the sink. Then brush with your favorite sauce and put on a med-low grill, 5-10 minutes a side. If you want, you can apply more sauce and repeat. Today, I'll be trying out some Jardin's Texas Peppercorn sauce; i usually cut it a bit with Pilliteri's marinade to make it a cross between a sauce and a glaze.

Sounds good!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.