What's everybody cooking Saturday for the TN game?

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
We're having the following:

Grilled Sausage (marinated in brown sugar and lemon juice)
Sausage Pinwheels
Ham roll-ups (with cream cheese and dill pickles)
Assorted cheese/crackers
Peanuts/M&Ms/Granola Mix
Chex Snack Mix
Peach Cobbler

Assorted beverages.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I am leaning toward homemade chili, boar's head hot dogs and smoked sausage. Along with chili cheese fries and ranch. I and the family will be extremely gassy. :) BTW, ABT's wrapped in bacon as an appetizer.

For dessert a chocolate chip cheeseball with graham crackers.

Plenty of cold beer...

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Here you go....

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2.Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3.Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans and/or extra chocolate chips before serving. I like the additional chocolate chips. :)
4. Spread on graham crackers.

Last edited:

Bama Fan N TN

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2007
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
Still trying to deside here in Middle Tennessee. being its kinda cool here perhaps the normal snack food:
peanuts, cheese, pickles, olives, crackers, chips, dips, pretzels etc

then either Soup or chili with Sandwiches.

Course ribs and BBQ sound good to :)

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
In honor of Tennessee's undersized D-line it's going to be pancakes for breakfast lunch and dinner. Waffles after the game for their secondary.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Happy would you share your recipe for your grilled marinated sausage?
2 lbs sausage (in casings, I like cajun pork the best)
6 lemons
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Cut the sauages in links of your preference. Place in a casserole dish. Squeeze the juice of six lemons over the sausage. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top. Place in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees. Just before serving, remove the sausage from the juices in the pan and put them on a hot grill to get some nice grill marks and crisp the casings...you may (and I do) baste while they're on the grill. Enjoy!

I can't wait to make your Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball....thinking LSU game will be a great time for that one!

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
I'm thrilled you like it....my daddy (whom I miss dearly) made this for us over the years. We call it "daddy's" sausage, but I had to give it a different name for tidefan purposes. A family favorite for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.