Clay Chalkville goes from #1 in 6A to 0-9

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't see it holding up. The AHSAA will take it higher and get it stopped. I'm sure the AHSAA has told the teams to prepare for who they thought they would play this week. If not I'm sure most of the coaches involved in this b.s. knows the injunction will be overturned from the higher ups.
I don't see how this can be ruled by the higher ups (ala Supreme Court) by Friday.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I don't see how this can be ruled by the higher ups (ala Supreme Court) by Friday.
If you think the AHSAA doesn't have any pull, think again. This will be overturned in Montgomery by Thursday night or Friday morning if that long. Better believe the AHSAA was ready for this and already had an appeal ready by the time this was announced. Remember this was just a ruling in the Jefferson County Circuit Court. This wont hold up.

aden

Suspended
Jan 30, 2005
citronelle ala
jref that just shows the class of the coach and admin from huffman,thats a great lesson to teach to kids isn't it.and we wonder why the kids act the way they do.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If you think the AHSAA doesn't have any pull, think again. This will be overturned in Montgomery by Thursday night or Friday morning if that long. Better believe the AHSAA was ready for this and already had an appeal ready by the time this was announced. Remember this was just a ruling in the Jefferson County Circuit Court. This wont hold up.
I hope it gets worked out, but I have a feeling it won't. I work in the Supreme Court building, and the decisions have to be turned in by Thursday to be released on Friday. The case must go through other courts before getting to the Supreme Court, too.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
jref that just shows the class of the coach and admin from huffman,thats a great lesson to teach to kids isn't it.and we wonder why the kids act the way they do.
This has been happening since I was in school during area play in the late 90's. The whole school knew our area rival had an ineligible player and the coach held that card until we played to see if they would play him and guess what? They did (this was week 9 mind you) and our coach turned them in and we hosted first round. Same thing still goes on today... Some things will never change sadly.

I hope it gets worked out, but I have a feeling it won't. I work in the Supreme Court building, and the decisions have to be turned in by Thursday to be released on Friday. The case must go through other courts before getting to the Supreme Court, too.
It will get worked out. If they thought the AHSAA was not ready for this ruling then they were not prepared. We will hear about this, this week instead of the "10th" like Clay believes. False sense of security IMHO.

As to them screaming Huffman double-crossed them, that's just a lazy play by Clay to make them look good in front of the courts. They want to blame everyone but themselves, when it was their fault for not checking the kids status beyond Restoration Academy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The Gadsden City lawsuit is making this thing sad. The fact that the Supreme Court is being asked to see this is not good. The judicial system is not in the best situation due to financial situations (it's getting better with CJ Malone), but to ask the Court to stop what it's doing to hear this case (ala read the briefs) is sad.
Oh trust me I'm not saying this is all right, but this is not the only case that has went this far. The ASC just ruled against Pell City over a recruiting violation and said guess what? AHSAA has all jurisdiction over the allegation. The same thing they'll say over this. GC's lawsuit was backed by the AHSAA, I would probably put money on that one to make them look good in case they didn't get a quick ruling with the ASC. But with this Trussville story chances are they got good word and we will get a ruling tomorrow.

Clay fans and the B'ham news stations can celebrate tonight, but I'm betting they wont be tomorrow. This kind of stuff NEVER gets overturned and they wont start now. It's a lot like the NCAA, the courts will rule the schools put the AHSAA in power and they must go by that unless they got another governing body ala AISA, etc. This wont end well for Clay, and it will sadly come at great costs to us the taxpayers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oh trust me I'm not saying this is all right, but this is not the only case that has went this far. The ASC just ruled against Pell City over a recruiting violation and said guess what? AHSAA has all jurisdiction over the allegation. The same thing they'll say over this. GC's lawsuit was backed by the AHSAA, I would probably put money on that one to make them look good in case they didn't get a quick ruling with the ASC. But with this Trussville story chances are they got good word and we will get a ruling tomorrow.

Clay fans and the B'ham news stations can celebrate tonight, but I'm betting they wont be tomorrow. This kind of stuff NEVER gets overturned and they wont start now. It's a lot like the NCAA, the courts will rule the schools put the AHSAA in power and they must go by that unless they got another governing body ala AISA, etc. This wont end well for Clay, and it will sadly come at great costs to us the taxpayers.
The Supreme Court ruling is true. If the governing body rules something, that's the way it is.

No one to blame (even not Huffman for waiting so long to present the information) other than CC for not looking into the situation more.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Anniston Star reporting now AHSAA lawyers say if no ruling given in time they'll postpone those games affected by the ruling.

wtrolltide1424

Jul 10, 2009
Tuscaloosa
Excuse me, but unless you expect high school administrators to now become FBI investigators, Clay-Chalkville did nothing wrong! They checked the students eligibility with his previous school, Restoration Academy, which is what they are suppose to do. There was nothing on his record to alert CC there was a problem! Huffman did this out of jealousy and anger because CC beat them badly. The Clay-Chalkville coaches and faculty are just fighting for their boys who worked hard and EARNED a playoff spot and Region championship.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Excuse me, but unless you expect high school administrators to now become FBI investigators, Clay-Chalkville did nothing wrong! They checked the students eligibility with his previous school, Restoration Academy, which is what they are suppose to do. There was nothing on his record to alert CC there was a problem! Huffman did this out of jealousy and anger because CC beat them badly. The Clay-Chalkville coaches and faculty are just fighting for their boys who worked hard and EARNED a playoff spot and Region championship.
I don't buy that for a minute. Clay was his 3rd school in less than a year, but that doesn't throw up any red flags to you or Clay? If not, you might want to learn the rules of eligibility like Hood should have known when he became the AD at Clay. With him transferring from Huffman to RA to Clay, even I know to check his eligibility at Huffman to see why he left because his status at RA holds no water to the AHSAA. I wouldn't be surprised if Hood asked the kid to go to RA to try and "work around" all of this but it will not work. This does NOT take any FBI work to check up on why he was at his 3rd school in less than a year, but obviously the people in Clay can't seem to figure that out. Common sense would have saved them 9 wins and the #1 ranking in the state. Now their skating of the rules will have them sitting at home.

Regardless Gadsden City and Austin just TRUMPED Clay in getting their TRO's yesterday and today. That puts Clay "back out" of the playoffs now until the ASC rules.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
For those thinking Clay-Chalkville is so "innocent" and are victims of the big bad AHSAA read these quotes, which came directly from the filing they gave to the ASC today...

John Doe was expelled from Huffman High School and the Birmingham City Schools on December 13, 2010 until January 2012
That right there settles it all, no matter how the rule is written. You can't go to a non-member school and have your expulsion "wiped" from your record.

But here is the BEST part...

It was later discovered that John Doe did not even complete the 2011 spring semester at Restoration Academy, but withdrew in April 2011
How can you explain this one?? How can you say he was eligible and in good standing when he DIDN'T even finish the semester? I can't wait for this answer.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There's no way CC didn't know. I just don't see how they couldn't realize there was something up with his transfer.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That's what I'm saying. You know like I do how fast word travels in high school and this kid ADMITTED to and was caught with 6 or 7 bags of weed (the sheet was attached to evidence in the filing, this is not rumor) and it even lists on there he was expelled from 12/3/2010 till January 2012. That sheet HAD to be attached to his transcript at Huffman, I just don't see how it wasn't. Jerry Hood swore up and down Huffman didn't have it in the transcript (yea right) yet Huffman's Principal said they never even called. I guarantee you Hood knew about this, wanted the player, turned a blind eye to Huffman and figured he would "get one" over the AHSAA by using the Restoration excuse like he did. If as an AD, 3 schools in 8 months doesn't throw up red flags then you need to step down and give your job to someone that DESERVES the money. I'm sure he's making pretty good cash there, and using the excuse to save his tail. He should be fired along with many more at Clay...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's what I'm saying. You know like I do how fast word travels in high school and this kid ADMITTED to and was caught with 6 or 7 bags of weed (the sheet was attached to evidence in the filing, this is not rumor) and it even lists on there he was expelled from 12/3/2010 till January 2012. That sheet HAD to be attached to his transcript at Huffman, I just don't see how it wasn't. Jerry Hood swore up and down Huffman didn't have it in the transcript (yea right) yet Huffman's Principal said they never even called. I guarantee you Hood knew about this, wanted the player, turned a blind eye to Huffman and figured he would "get one" over the AHSAA by using the Restoration excuse like he did. If as an AD, 3 schools in 8 months doesn't throw up red flags then you need to step down and give your job to someone that DESERVES the money. I'm sure he's making pretty good cash there, and using the excuse to save his tail. He should be fired along with many more at Clay...
Pardon my poor grammar and English here:

Ain't no way Clay Chalkville wins this one with information.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.