Question: Using the PS3 as my primary Bluray player?

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
I've recently decided to join the new technological age by getting a Bluray player.

My question; Would the PS3 be a good option? Does it compare equally with a high quality Bluray player? I've read it doesn't have 3D sound, whatever that means.

I already have an Xbox 360 that will remain my primary gaming system. Does the PS3 have any exclusive games that would make it worth getting? The Unchartered series sounds cool, but offhand, that's the only one I can think of.

Any advice from those with PS3 experience would be great. Thanks.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have both consoles. I've had to replace my Xbox 360 5 times PS3 once. I think it is more durable. With the exception of the "hacking" scandal and outage I've been pleased with the PSN and playing free online. Haven't renewed my Xbox live because it costs more. You can purchase a premium account on PSN where you can download full game demos on select games and get some more perks. I am very pleased with with my BR player. No problems. I also replaced my HD with my PS3 with a larger drive ( takes a laptop drive ). I keep the Xbox because my wife plays games that are exclusive on the Xbox. I do more online gaming. Hope this helps!

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
So you would recommend it over a standalone bluray player? I know it's a great gaming system and I'll most likely be getting a few games with it, but the bluray feature is what I'm most interested in learning more about.

Thanks for your help.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
So you would recommend it over a standalone bluray player? I know it's a great gaming system and I'll most likely be getting a few games with it, but the bluray feature is what I'm most interested in learning more about.

Thanks for your help.
I would take a look at some comparisons online and balance that against the features that you want. I just gave you some highlights of having the system. You do have hdmi options with it, but only you know what you really want! All you have to do is google comparisons and you can get some more info.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Yeah, only problem is that I'm a noob when it comes to bluray features lol. I've looked on google for comparisons, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive opinion either way. So far I'm leaning towards the PS3.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Take a look at features on the playstation website and may give you an idea of sound features, etc....

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I don't have no surround sound system or anything so I can't vouch for sure on the sound of the PS3 but using it as your game console AND your Blu-Ray player I would highly recommend.

I do that now and have since 2007 when I've owned my ONLY PS3. We bought my Mother a standalone for her t.v. this past August and my PS3 plays them better than hers. I have no problem playing movies and I play them A LOT! That and it saves you the cash of buying another standalone. You should be happy unless you nit pick every little thing. Plus owning a Sony product to play Sony software is not bad either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.