Link: Lacy noticeably limping at practice Wednesday

SimplyTide

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
To be honest, given the type of running that we will be forced to do this week, Fowler may be the better option as Trent's backup anyway. Lacy is amazing, but this week is going to be about running through defensive players - not spinning out of tackles. That said, I hope Lacy gets better soon. We will need him before the season is over.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I thought practices where closed? TR said he was 100% so somebody is wrong or something happened after that statement.
And Saban basically said the same thing...."We don't have any really personnel injuries, problems or anything that you don't know about," Saban said. "Everybody's been practicing all week. There's nothing really new to report from that standpoint."

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Calm down everybody. Aj the nut has got it covered.

But to back up what he said, my source at practice said Lacy did limp by this writer, but was favoring the wrong foot. When Lacy saw my buddy looking, he slipped him a wink. :wink:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Calm down everybody. Aj the nut has got it covered.

But to back up what he said, my source at practice said Lacy did limp by this writer, but was favoring the wrong foot. When Lacy saw my buddy looking, he slipped him a wink. :wink:
seriously, I LOVE this article. This is really shaping up to be one for the ages. I'm not suggesting CNS ordered this article to be printed; but like you said...there ain't a dayum thing wrong with Eddie. At worst, he may have some ever so slight achiness...like a "it doesn't 'hurt', but I know it's there" type thing. Love it.

Izzy just reporting the facts...."I saw him limping. That is all."

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
To be honest, given the type of running that we will be forced to do this week, Fowler may be the better option as Trent's backup anyway. Lacy is amazing, but this week is going to be about running through defensive players - not spinning out of tackles. That said, I hope Lacy gets better soon. We will need him before the season is over.
no offense but are you kidding? Lacy isnt exactly a 180 LB scatback. If he's healthy, he's our 2nd best option at RB. and thats not a slight towards Fowler

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
no offense but are you kidding? Lacy isnt exactly a 180 LB scatback. If he's healthy, he's our 2nd best option at RB. and thats not a slight towards Fowler
Could not agree more. Fowler has been impressive, but EL has been incredible when 100% healthy.
No doubt he's our second-best RB behind Richardson.
RTR