Lee Huntsville (5A)
Albertville (5A)
James Clemens (New)

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well after releasing the numbers earlier today Chelsea was NOT in 6A, then the AHSAA pulled the link and the pdf disappeared for a few hours. Then it came back with Chelsea in 6A. Talk about a screw up!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Prattville just went from a guaranteed spot in the playoffs to fighting for one. I think that's a good thing, though. Prattville is still in the South, correct?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Prattville just went from a guaranteed spot in the playoffs to fighting for one. I think that's a good thing, though. Prattville is still in the South, correct?
I just don't see this new region for Pville being too much more difficult than what they had. Neither Oak Mountain nor Spain Park is a consistent winner or playoff participant. I think Carver would routinely beat either of them. We were in a region with Pelham and Thompson in 2000/2001 and didn't have too much trouble, granted it was 10+ years ago, but when was the last time you heard anything about either of those two football teams.

What I don't like is having 4 schools less than 15 miles away and not being in the same region. I've not heard a good explanation as to why it was set up this way (my guess is to give more Bham schools a chance to get into the playoffs). So, now we'll travel further one way, for one game, than if we went to Montgomery for all four games in one season. That's a lot of added, and unnecessary, travel expense, not only for the football program, but for the band as well. I'm hearing that some schools will stop sending their entire band to away games and send only a pep band.

Oh well, they didn't ask for our opinion, so we'll just line up and play... hard.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just don't see this new region for Pville being too much more difficult than what they had. Neither Oak Mountain nor Spain Park is a consistent winner or playoff participant. I think Carver would routinely beat either of them. We were in a region with Pelham and Thompson in 2000/2001 and didn't have too much trouble, granted it was 10+ years ago, but when was the last time you heard anything about either of those two football teams.

What I don't like is having 4 schools less than 15 miles away and not being in the same region. I've not heard a good explanation as to why it was set up this way (my guess is to give more Bham schools a chance to get into the playoffs). So, now we'll travel further one way, for one game, than if we went to Montgomery for all four games in one season. That's a lot of added, and unnecessary, travel expense, not only for the football program, but for the band as well. I'm hearing that some schools will stop sending their entire band to away games and send only a pep band.

Oh well, they didn't ask for our opinion, so we'll just line up and play... hard.
I've heard/read several complaints about the new regions. One being with the band and traveling.

Are you headed to T-town tomorrow?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I want to be there, but it isn't going to work out for me. I'll have to settle for watching on tv, and be early for the downtown celebration. The Lions are playing well, their best football of the season, and I think we win it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Prattville should take this one.

I agree with y'all, this re-class was HORRIBLE! These have been the worst regions I've ever seen. Terrible job by the AHSAA this time around..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.