what do XBOX live points do? (considering as a gift)

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Got a nephew that just wants a gift card for Xbox live points. I have NO idea what they do, so I don't know how much $$$ to spend. Is $10 even worth doing? $20? I hate to get him $10 and all he can do is play a game for 2 minutes; but that may not even be what they're for! HELP!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
They're used to purchase content on Xbox Live. You can use them to buy games, dlc for games, themes, gamer pics, and a whole bunch of other stuff. 1600 Microsoft points is $20, 4000 is $50. Those are the two main options.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
so is a Microsoft point the equivalent of one minute? 1600 points = 1600 minutes of playing time?
No, they're not time specific. They're basically Xbox's currency system. When you use them to purchase something whatever you purchase is yours for as long as you keep it on your Xbox, there is no time limit on it. If I knew what your nephew was wanting to purchase I could very likely tell you exactly how much you'd need to give him in order to cover it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.