What to expect in 2012

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla
I do like the thought of a #15 National Championship in 2012but if the S.E.C. decides to schedule our opponents(including Texas A.& M.and Missouri) with an idle week before they play us next year then all bets areoff. :) Roll Tide Roll :BigA:

RunAtlanta

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 5, 2011
LSU will have a first year quarterback. Michigan is overrated. UGA is the only one that concerns me.

Michigan's overrated. UGA is a concern.

LSU's first year QB next year is no different from GMac/AJ. They'll be a concern. They're always tough to beat.

EH_SWVA

Dec 4, 2011
I'll be excited to see Dee Hart healthy & Blake Sims on the field more. I only got a chance to see Blake play a few plays this year and had 4 carries for 74 yards against Ole Miss. He looked explosive.
Any chance to see him on the field during the BCSNCG?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Everyone keeps mentioning UGA, but we don't even know for sure if we are still playing them next year. With the changes to the schedule, and the fact the SEC would LIKE to keep an 8 game conference schedule I don't think we play UGA. Until I see how the schedule plays out, I can't really make a guess on what things will truly looks like. We should win 10 games (including the bowl) at the least. Even if we have a mass exodus of juniors, we'll still be better then 9-10 teams in the SEC.

SOme early predictions, though, I think Jones stays...our OL will be solid next year.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Everyone keeps mentioning UGA, but we don't even know for sure if we are still playing them next year. With the changes to the schedule, and the fact the SEC would LIKE to keep an 8 game conference schedule I don't think we play UGA. Until I see how the schedule plays out, I can't really make a guess on what things will truly looks like. We should win 10 games (including the bowl) at the least. Even if we have a mass exodus of juniors, we'll still be better then 9-10 teams in the SEC.

SOme early predictions, though, I think Jones stays...our OL will be solid next year.
Hope you're right. Just curious, why do you think Jones stays?

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Hope you're right. Just curious, why do you think Jones stays?
Because his weight-room and academics have competed for his time with the books taking the edge. For the NFL he could be a year stronger(plenty smart/versatile now) and get his masters at the same time. His brother and family could also factor in.:conf3:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
^^^This...

As much as he loves football, I think he loves learning and college more... Football does not define him, which is hard to find in most top college athletes. Like someone mentioned in another thread (I believe) I think he may apply for a Rhodes Scholarship. I just don't see him leaving.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Big Games as I see them:
Michigan-Win 24-13
Arkansas-Win 21-10
Tennessee-Win 35-3
Georgia-Lose 17-13 OT
Texas A&M-Win 35-0
LSU-Win 14-7
Auburn-Win 28-7
SEC Championship vs Georgia-Win 21-17
National Championship vs USC-Win 28-14
:biga2:

XenScott

Registration on Hold - Until further notice
Oct 13, 2011
Alabama
Big Games as I see them:
Michigan-Win 24-13
Arkansas-Win 21-10
Tennessee-Win 35-3
Georgia-Lose 17-13 OT
Texas A&M-Win 35-0
LSU-Win 14-7
Auburn-Win 28-7
SEC Championship vs Georgia-Win 21-17
National Championship vs USC-Win 28-14
:biga2:
I envision something similar.
But I'm predicting a loss to Michigan.
With the nation's best PK coming out of HS, though, I think we can pull off a win in Athens.
I think the underclassmen will be hungry for a trip to Atlanta and an SEC ring even if the BCS CG is out of reach.

LSU may be out of luck for a BCS NC as well.
The addition of Texas A&M and Missouri adds a weird wrinkle to everyone's schedule.
Those teams are not cupcakes.
Not powerhouses, but they're going to be annoying as all get out, much like Southern Miss was.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Much like this year I don't see Alabama as an underdog in any game next year.
FWIW Georgia is still soft and folded like a bad bluff against LSU.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I expect no less than this year. Not being a homer just I follow our recruiting to well and know what has been chomping at the bit to see the field. I also remembering seeing in one of our last few games JessN showed our depth chart and it had like 38 freshman and sophmores in the 3 deep this year and that did not include some players like Arie, Cyrus, and Hart. This team is stacked the scary part on D I think we are only getting better.

This weekend we have D McCullers(JUCO) DT 6'6 370pds who does not look it visiting. I expect a commit from him shortly. Put him on the line with Williams, Dial, Square, Ivory, Pagan, Fanning, and Pettway next year our rotation should be the best we have had in a long time.

LBs will be another strong area. We are the LBU right now. DePreist, Mosley, Johnson, Stinson, Patrick and Hubbard I think will be the a great rotation with more speed than this year. BTW they are saying the incoming class may be the best ever signed in one class by a college. RTR

Secondary If Lester(which I think he will) returns he will be back with Milner who will be one of the best in the league next season. We also have Sunseri, Fulton, and Ha-Ha. Ha-Ha would have started as a freshman at safety at most SEC schools this year but had to much in front of him this year. He will start IMO next year. We also still have players like N Perry and J williams waiting their turn. If we get L Collins coming in I would not be surprised to see him play next year as a true freshman. To our secondary may be better because of the overall depth in it next year. Add the possibility of T Dixon the top JUCO DB in the country at 6'2 200+ pds along with JUCO D Belue we will not miss a beat IMO.

Offense returning our starting QB who did fine this year(we are playing for another NC), EL, Hart, Fowler,possibly Calloway and B Sims will be as good as any rotation in the league. I would expect to see alot more of Sims. Also we have some bruisers coming in the for next year that could see the rotation early.

WR if Carter is there I believe it will be White, C Jones, Sylve, and Shinn battling for spots. We have a lot of depth and each year they get opportunities to prove themselves but yet never seperate from the pack. I think it might be one of the biggest battles come spring. Not to mention the addition of A Cooper, C Black, and possibly C Jones. I am convinced that CNS is still not happy with our WRs and why we keep bringing in so many.

TE-Williams, Jones, Faciane and Voglar. If anything this might be the big question mark for UA next year, but we will see.

OL- Finally appears to have enough depth that injuries should not be an issue and we can rotate players in with no drop off. We have Cyrus and Arie coming back healthy, combined with Womack, Steen, and Fluker. I also think Jones will return. Not to mention we have recruited very well the past few years with players like Shepherd, Kelly, Luatua, and .Lindsey

Players to watch out for coming in that could see the field early are Eddie Williams who actually could play either WR or Safety. He is projected to be good enough that he could push for immediate playing time on either side of the ball next year. He is that good. Also R Anderson DE, R Ragland LB, D Lee, LB, G Smith DB, T Hayes ATH, K Drake LB, and A Griffith(K). All will contribute next year.

Sorry for the long post but again we are loaded and will have even more experiance and depth next year. Still may be a few they may leave but if the ones I mention stay with what we have returning and coming in I think we will be in the running for the NC agin in 2012 and 2013. Hopefully beyond that. RTR

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
My only concern about the future of Alabama football is when Nick Saban leaves. As long as he is coaching for us, we will be championship contenders more often than not.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
As I was reading Tide Warrior's breakdown of who's in line where I noticed(except for WR/TE) that A LOT of snaps were taken by most on his list. If the leadership steps up next year like they have been taught by this years team,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the overall D and OL can be just as scary as the '11 version and yes, maybe better.:cool:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think we'll double digit in wins but finish third to LSU and Ark for the divisional title. We will have truckloads of talent but limited playing time and experience going for us.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
*U has used that excuse as long as I remember. And I'm an old man.
The only reason Auburn would still be young is if their coaches are completely incompetent at building reserves and...

Oh, wait. Auburn's coaches. Right.

So maybe they ARE young ;p

ga tide man #9

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2003
trion ga.
Matt0424 is right. If we stay with a 8 game conf schedule I don't think UGA will be on the list for 2012. We would have 6 western division games, our auto crossover game with UT, and we also owe Vandy a return game. I think that would compile our 8 conf games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.