Vigor vs Hartselle

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That was one heckuva kick. With the pressure at the time and the thinking that was probably the last score, the kid came through BIG TIME!

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I am sure Dr. Les Fowler, Roger Chapman, Richard Grammer (looking down from above) just to mention 3 players the were Morgan County High School Tigers now Hartselle are very prowd of this team they also wore the Crimson and White . I am so proud team that none of the media or experts gave a chance to win are now State Champs and very proud to be from Hartselle.

Roll Tide..... Go Hartselle Tigers

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
All the favorites I listed in the high school forum I've hit so far except for the horrible Linden/Marion County pick...

SimplyTide

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
That game was amazing. Vigor was so much bigger, but Hartselle was faster and much more disciplined. The Hartselle QB injured his ankle on their first drive otherwise Hartselle might have totally crushed them. He was limping so badly at times that I thought that he was going to have to come out, but he never did. He deserved the MVP. But he should share it with Marsh.

I would love to see Marsh walk on at Bama.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That game was amazing. Vigor was so much bigger, but Hartselle was faster and much more disciplined. The Hartselle QB injured his ankle on their first drive otherwise Hartselle might have totally crushed them. He was limping so badly at times that I thought that he was going to have to come out, but he never did. He deserved the MVP. But he should share it with Marsh.

I would love to see Marsh walk on at Bama.
That has always been Vigor's problem. They have a BUTTLOAD of talent, but the coaching across the board is simply not there. I figured coaching would be biggest factor tonight as Vigor generally has more talent than any team they play, but you could tell the difference as Hartselle was much more polished was a lot less talent overall. Hartselle is a gritty bunch!

SimplyTide

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Hartselle's coach was interviewed before the game. He said that Hartselle only has 2 players that weigh 200 pounds or more on their entire roster. It is amazing that a team with players that small could win in 5A.

15-0, Congrats to all of the Hartselle grads on the board.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Hartselle's coach was interviewed before the game. He said that Hartselle only has 2 players that weigh 200 pounds or more on their entire roster. It is amazing that a team with players that small could win in 5A.

15-0, Congrats to all of the Hartselle grads on the board.
No doubt. That is what I was impressed with. Other than the kid that kicked the FG's, nothing really stood out in terms of gamebreaker talent. Shows the great job the coaches did with this team and the kids in buying into the system. I'm still surprised it's taken Godsey this long, he's very underrated IMHO.

tmv85

All-SEC
My husband is a Morgan Co High School grad who went to school with Les (a year ahead of hubby) and Roger (same class). We went to the game tonight. I was surprised by the difference in size, but Hartselle does play smart, so it didn't make a huge difference. I was surprised the QB stayed in after getting hurt. He was gimpy the rest of the night.

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
Vigor is the most undisciplined team I have ever seen in a state championship final. They should have lined up in the I formation and run all over Hartselle. Those kids where tiny compared to Vigor. Vigor's QB simply cannot throw a football yet they threw it all night. And as soon as they made a postive play they jumped offsides. It was horrible coaching and ridiculously bad play by the players.

Got to give it to the little guys from up north. They lined up and punched Vigor in the mouth all night long and finally knocked them out.

Darius Philon is going to be great player for us, though. Big kid, lots of power and quickness. And watch out for this WR from Vigor #4. The kid is huge, pretty fast and looks like a college player right now and is only a sophomore. I doubt Hartselle has one kid that will play college ball, but what a great team they have. Congrats to them.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Hhs didn't throw a pass in the second half cause the qb couldn't plant his back foot. Was watching him on the sideline and he'd throw with his right foot off the ground. Couple of the stretch plays, I didn't think he was gonna reach the rb. Still trying to figure why the vhs coach pulled #14 at the 1 yard line and put in little #2 to run backwards for 3 plays? Hhs might be small, but when going against their D...you better pull those straps a little tighter cause they will light you up. Great win for the Tigers!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I couldn't believe that when they put #2 in. I figured after the first play they would have learned their lesson. Guess not.

Latest threads