Any opinions on Stieg Larsson?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I loved them. Some incredibly hard-to-read passages (i.e. rape scenes). But it was definitely worth the time to read the whole series over a weekend a few months back.

I also just finished The Hunger Games. Same story - hard to read about kids killing kids - but, again, read all three over Thanksgiving weekend.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I loved them. Some incredibly hard-to-read passages (i.e. rape scenes). But it was definitely worth the time to read the whole series over a weekend a few months back.

I also just finished The Hunger Games. Same story - hard to read about kids killing kids - but, again, read all three over Thanksgiving weekend.
Thanks for your take on both trilogies. I was about to inquire about The Hunger Games also.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Love his stuff. I liked The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest the best. As Brett said, there are some scenes in his books that are tough to get through. I watched the Swedish version of Hornet's Nest and loved it.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I wondered if his books became popular becuase he died, or if they were just that good, so I put off reading any of them for awhile. Asked some friends their thoughts only to find that not many of them had read any of the books. So, last trip to the library I picked up the first one in the series and thought I'd give it a try. It's the next one up in my stack.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Finished reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo today, really enjoyed it. A very compelling/captivating story. Looking forward to the next two in the series.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
I read the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and it was a good book. I do think it is a little overrated. His writings are not as good as similar authors.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I read all three books of the series; I thought they were worth the time spent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.