Description: Poor man’s version of the O’Charley’s Loaded potato soup. Thicker than theirs. And darn tasty.
Made it for a Christmas party. Good thing I tasted it before the party started. It was all gone within
Serving Size: 12-20
Time: 20 min. prep. 40 min. cooking
- 2 lbs of red skinned potatos (chopped into cubes)
- 4 cups of half & half
- ¼ cup of butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of flour
- 16 oz package of Velveeta cheese (melted)
- 5-7 strips of bacon (crisped)
- Garlic powder
- Garlic salt
- Crock Pot
- Large Sauce Pan
- In a large sauce pan, bring your potato cubes to a boil and let them boil for about 15 minutes or
- before they are too soft.
- In a Crock Pot, place your Velveeta Cheese in and turn your Crock Pot on high to begin melting
- Mix the butter and flour and stir/whisk until it starts to get smooth.
- Begin pouring the half & half into the butter-flour mixture about ½ cup at a time until it starts to
- get thick.
- Once the entire half & half is poured into the mixture, add it to the melted cheese in the Crock
- Crumble the crisped bacon
- Drain your potatoes and add them to the Crock Pot mixture. Stir constantly
- Add garlic powder, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste.
- After the mixture has cooked for about 30 minutes, add the crumbled bacon and parsley and stir.
- Turn the Crock Pot to low and let cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve.