Entre: Slowcooker Chicken Parmigiana
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0
    BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar

Slowcooker Chicken Parmigiana

Description: I found this rather simply easy receipe on the internet and tried it this past week. Quick, simple and tasty.
    Serving Size: 6
    Time: 6-8 hours in slow cooker
    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
    1. 3 whole chicken breasts or 6 halves
    2. 1 egg
    3. 1 tsp. salt
    4. 1/4 tsp. pepper
    5. 1 c. dry bread crumbs
    6. 1/2 c. butter
    7. 1 sm. eggplant, cut into lg. slices, about 3/4 inch thick
    8. 1 sm. jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
    9. 1 lg. pkg. shredded Mozzarella cheese
    10. Parmesan cheese
    Preparation:
    1. Cut chicken breasts into halves. In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken into egg. Coat with crumbs. In large skillet, saute chicken in butter
    Instructions:
    1. Arrange eggplant and chicken in crock pot (place eggplant on bottom or it will not cook completely). Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Add Mozzarella cheese, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

2. Advertisement
    What if you don't like eggplant?
    "Auburn would never admit it, but it always wanted to be Alabama when it grew up." -ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar

Re: Slowcooker Chicken Parmigiana

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin4Bama View Post
    What if you don't like eggplant?
    Who does not like Eggplant?
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.