Description: I found this rather simply easy receipe on the internet and tried it this past week. Quick, simple and tasty.
Serving Size: 6
Time: 6-8 hours in slow cooker
- 3 whole chicken breasts or 6 halves
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 sm. eggplant, cut into lg. slices, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 sm. jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 lg. pkg. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into halves. In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken into egg. Coat with crumbs. In large skillet, saute chicken in butter
- Arrange eggplant and chicken in crock pot (place eggplant on bottom or it will not cook completely). Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Add Mozzarella cheese, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes.