sources: Kevin Steele could be headed to ut

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If he stayed here longer than a year, he would be in the position Kirby is. And after last night, who wants him?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Another tidbit in that link I found interesting is that Mike Dubose is in the running for the DC job at Arkansas State.
Not to hijack the thread, but Dubose didn't get it.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/pitts_interim_head_coach_jumps.html
Pittsburgh interim head coach
Keith Patterson, in town for Saturday's BBVA Compass Bowl game against SMU, has lined up his next job.

He will be Gus Malzahn's defensive coordinator at Arkansas State.

Patterson and Malzahn were on the staff together at Tulsa, under former Tulsa and Pitt coach Todd Graham,and developed a friendship. When Malzahn called with the offer to come to Arkansas State, Patterson said he was thrilled to accept.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
IIRC...Kirby Smart was the DC in 2008...while Steele was the "Head Defensive Coach". I am not sure how those roles differed that year...but to attribute the success of the 2008 defense to Kevin Steele might not be all that accurate.

Hankster2

All-SEC
Jan 18, 2006
in a house
I heard he's being hired to build a fence around Tennessee to keep the players from leaving.

edit: shoot... that was Thompson. All former assistants seem the same to me after a few years.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.