Tonight's Steak Dinner

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
So i got a new SS Weber gas grill for Christmas this year. The wife was doing girls night. So the dog an I decided to spend some man time at the grill.

I decided on a NY Strip steak. For marinade I always go for 1/4 c evoo, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp montreal steak seasoning. For sides I went for grilled sweet potato wedges and grilled brussels sprouts. The brussels sprouts were an Alton Brown inspiration. I nuked them a few minutes in the microwave. Tossed them in a combo of 1 tbsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp evoo, 1 tsp dried mustard powder, 1 tsp smoke paprika, 1 tsp kosher salt, fresh ground pepper to taste. Then grilled in a grill wok. The sweet potatoes were cut into wedges and tossed in evoo and seasoned with salt and pepper. Once I took them off the grill they were tossed in a mixture of chopped scallions, 1 tbsp of evoo, and 1.5 tsp of maple syrup.

I decided to go for a good California Zin (Mazzocco).

The dog was real excited about the steaks.

Probably because he could smell that they were cooked to perfection.

Anyway he got a piece of steak for helping man the grill so it was a good night for him.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I always try to turn the steak 90 degrees to get the grid grill mark pattern. I know it doesn't make the difference on taste, but i like the way it looks on the plate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.