Question: What Are Your Thoughts on the Charbroil Infrared Grill?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Neverhad experience with that brand. Looks like a 2 burner, average BTU output. My main criteria for a gass grill is lid height(can I stand a beer can chicken upright and close the lid), and will it stay at ~350 degrees running on one burner for indirect cookIng. If it passes on those I'm good to go.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I must say, after using it the night of the BCSNCG, I was pretty impressed. It's ability to cook in varying ways was really impressive. And, what it does to a steak (the searing) is pretty impressive, too.

Also, the one I linked was the two-burner. But, they also have larger versions, as well.

I don't own one but have cooked on two different ones belonging to friends (I always get elected to grill :conf2:). I think they do a great job and I especially like the fact that, due to the design, they have minimal flareups. Only downside that I could see was that it seemed it would be a bear to clean. Since the ones I used were not mine, I didn't have to :)

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
It cooks really fast and even, too. My only negative thus far is that it doesn't produce the crispy outside (which I like) on the fat because it's not directly near the flame. I guess I could take the plate out, but then it just becomes another grill.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
What are you trying to get crispy? Chicken? You shouldn't have to be directly over the flame for crispy chicken. Just need to cook it at a higher temp.

BTW this thread is useless without picks. :wink:

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
What are you trying to get crispy? Chicken? You shouldn't have to be directly over the flame for crispy chicken. Just need to cook it at a higher temp.

BTW this thread is useless without picks. :wink:
Well, I did a tri-tip for the national championship game. The fat layer I typically try to get more charred. It was still delicious, but the fat layer had more of a pork rind taste (which isn't bad) to a charred taste, which I prefer for this particular cut.

kennyg

Jul 29, 2011
I have the Charbroil Red, it cooks very well, have to understand about the radiant heat.. Steaks are awesome, cooking indirect also works, maintains temp. You have to clean out the trough, I use a plastic putty knife, works well, not hard to do, I clean it about every 3 or 4 cooks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Crimson1963

Apr 4, 2012
Bristow, VA
I have a RED grill by Charbroil..........I love it. Great, even cooking and no flare ups. Takes a little more to kep it clean but to me it it well worth the effort. Love the speed that this thing can cook and not burn the meat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.