Game Thread: Just pre-ordered Final Fantasy 13-2, anyone else hyped for it?

ramajama22

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2006
Phenix City, AL
Just sat back down at work, after having lunch at my local mall and stopping into Gamestop to preorder this game. I'm getting more excited about it the closer it gets. FF13-1 was my first console based FF ever...apparently I missed out on some good games (in the FF series). I did play FF14 (online)...but hey...at least I'm on board now. Anyone else getting it? Thoughts? Etc?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Just sat back down at work, after having lunch at my local mall and stopping into Gamestop to preorder this game. I'm getting more excited about it the closer it gets. FF13-1 was my first console based FF ever...apparently I missed out on some good games (in the FF series). I did play FF14 (online)...but hey...at least I'm on board now. Anyone else getting it? Thoughts? Etc?
I've played every one of them, I think, except the online ones.
I will be getting it, but maybe not immediately when it comes out.
I have some other things I need to finish up before I get engrossed in that.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
7 and 10 were the best in my opinion. 13 was ok.. I suppose i will get 13-2 eventually.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Playing the crap out of XIII-2 and I really like it. Time travel makes for a confusing storyline but the gameplay is outstanding. They kept what I liked most about XIII (role combinations), took out the forced linearity, and added in monster recruitment. Lots of min/maxing opportunities if you are into that, but game is easy enough to play and enjoy without it.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Liked it a lot, will probably replay it in a couple years. Played through Final Fantasy VII again recently, and ordered some of the other older games off Amazon (1,2,4,5,6,chrono trigger). Looking forward to the nostalgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.