Jamey Dubose leaving Prattville for Florence - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Re: Jamey Dubose leaving Prattville for Florence

Yes I'm sure he could REALLY give us some good info

But I wouldn't put him in a bad spot and could understand why he wouldn't want to comment.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

A coach has been hired/selected and will be announced Monday night during the BOE meeting. Some talk of Rush Probst being the guy. I honestly can't see it due to the reasons he left Hoover and what Prattville just went through.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Would Prattville allow a man in that wants to run the show? Prattville would be sick with Propst.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Would Prattville allow a man in that wants to run the show? Prattville would be sick with Propst.
    I was only at PHS for one year of Bill Clark, but my understanding is that Clark and Propst are similar in their coaching ways.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I was only at PHS for one year of Bill Clark, but my understanding is that Clark and Propst are similar in their coaching ways.
    That's what I was thinking too, only that Propst would be worse

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    That's what I was thinking too, only that Propst would be worse
    No need to worry about RP. It's Chad Anderson from Wetumpka from WSFA's sources.
    -- Coach Bryant

Figured, that was the flaming rumor since Dubose left. I don't know much about him though.

Coach Anderson lives around the corner from me, a nice enough guy and I hope he is exceedingly successful here. I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed in the hire though, as I felt it was going to be Anderson from the outset. Hard to believe that from 90+ applicants from numerous states, the best guy is a local. However, I'm a Lions fan, therefore, I'm now a CCA fan.

It will be interesting to see what type of changes he brings to the program. At least Tidehawk should have an improved view of Pville now that his former coach is over here.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    Coach Anderson lives around the corner from me, a nice enough guy and I hope he is exceedingly successful here. I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed in the hire though, as I felt it was going to be Anderson from the outset. Hard to believe that from 90+ applicants from numerous states, the best guy is a local. However, I'm a Lions fan, therefore, I'm now a CCA fan.

It will be interesting to see what type of changes he brings to the program. At least Tidehawk should have an improved view of Pville now that his former coach is over here.
    It was over 200 applications actually or at least that is what I was told.

Like you, I figured it would be Anderson. I liked what he said on WSFA when they interviewed him Monday, though. In all honesty, he's done more than Dubose with less talent. I'm not sure I'll ever figure out how Prattville did so poorly in 2010.

And Tidehawk will just be like the rest of the Wetumpka folks - even more jealous. First Dennis and now Anderson. They mad.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

RP and Bill Clark are great friends. The whole worse thing??? RP has 5 State Championships while Bill Clark only had 2. It's pretty clear on who is the beter coach. GO BUCS!!!

Which is the better coach is open for debate. Being in the north, there was no one up there challenging CRP. The south had far more better teams, making the title game harder to reach. I could be wrong, but didn't the two of them split when facing each other in the championship?

I'm sure you can make a good case for CRP being the better coach; but we know who is the better man...

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    Which is the better coach is open for debate. Being in the north, there was no one up there challenging CRP. The south had far more better teams, making the title game harder to reach. I could be wrong, but didn't the two of them split when facing each other in the championship?

I'm sure you can make a good case for CRP being the better coach; but we know who is the better man...
    The question remains - which one was/is the better recruiter?

Glad to see Anderson get his first two wins at PHS the past two weeks. The team is young. Not trying to use the Auburn excuse, either. Hopefully, they can continue to improve and make a run at the playoffs, which looks to be difficult with the new region.
    -- Coach Bryant

It has been 5 full seasons at Prattville for Coach Anderson. Here is a recap of his tenure thus far:

2012: 5-4, missed playoffs
    2013: 7-3, lost by 15 in round 1 to Foley
    2014: 11-3, lost by 14 to Hoover in championship game
    2015: 6-4, missed playoffs
    2016: 2-7, missed playoffs

Overall 31-21, 2 playoff appearances, 1 championship game, 0 region championships, missed the playoffs in 3 of 5 seasons (keeping in mind the top 4 of 7 teams qualify for the playoffs).

With Mr. Dennis having been elected Superintendent of Elmore County schools, hopefully he will take Anderson with him because, as feared, he isn't getting it done in Pville. Any chance there is an opening at any of the Elmore county schools Tidehawk?