Jamey Dubose leaving Prattville for Florence

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Best of luck to Coach Dubose. Here's hoping to see you across the field in the Super Six.

It will be interesting to see who applies/interviews for the Pville job. Odds-on favorite is likely to be Chad Anderson from Wetumpka. I guess that will depend in part on what type of relationship he had with the principal from Wetumpka, who is now at Pville.

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
I had heard rumblings of this happening for a long time. The PHS principal will hire someone who will do things the right way and will improve the atmosphere at PHS, I do know that.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I presume when mentioning the atmosphere at PHS, you're referring to the PHS coaching staff (particularly that of the football team) and their relationship with referees, local or otherwise? Having had two children graduate from PHS (both involved in athletics), we've always found the atmosphere at the school, amongst the faculty, and that of the student body, to be a positive one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last week when it was announced, baseball coach Tommy Goodson called into Josh Moon's show and made himself look like an arse (only way I can put it). As a PHS alum, I was embarrassed.

Anyway... From what I know/heard/seen, the remaining coaches will not be brought back to coach nor will they be hired at Florence. WSFA said last night that the BOE had gotten 27 applications for the position. Interested to see who they get.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Goodson is retiring at the end of this school year. I didn't hear his comments as I can't bring myself to listen to Moon, or Amos for that matter. Care to elaborate?

A friend had told me the number of applicants was large, in the 20's. Wouldn't mind just seeing the list as I'd imagine there would be some interesting, perhaps surprising, names to be found there. Here's hoping the search is a truly serious one, however, I still believe Anderson to be the front runner until told otherwise.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Goodson is retiring at the end of this school year. I didn't hear his comments as I can't bring myself to listen to Moon, or Amos for that matter. Care to elaborate?

A friend had told me the number of applicants was large, in the 20's. Wouldn't mind just seeing the list as I'd imagine there would be some interesting, perhaps surprising, names to be found there. Here's hoping the search is a truly serious one, however, I still believe Anderson to be the front runner until told otherwise.
I was only listening to Josh and Doug to hear what they were saying about Dubose leaving (my dad heard them talking and mentioned it to me).

Goodson called in under a different name (Rob) and claimed to have inside knowledge of the program. Doug soon picked up on who it was because they are friends, and he called Goodson out. Goodson spent 13 or 14 minutes rambling about Moon's articles. He openly admitted to never reading the articles. He made very vague allegations and couldn't back them up. When Josh or Doug would ask him about the allegations, he would stumble on his words and just make a dumb, ignorant comment. His call caused the attorney for Marbury's coach to call in and tell them that they've been investigating a smear campaign on the coach and people will be surprised at who all is involved.

WSFA reported a total of 27 applications had been submitted. The BOE met yesterday to discuss the applicants. Like you, I hope it's taken seriously and the right man for the job is hired.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Wow things are getting ugly down there. Is Marbury's coach applying? Why is he involved? Didn't he apply for the job after Clark left as well?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wow things are getting ugly down there. Is Marbury's coach applying? Why is he involved? Didn't he apply for the job after Clark left as well?
His "involvement" comes in the form of asking questions about players that should be at Marbury that were playing at Prattville. He raised questions, and his attorney there was a smear campaign.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Oh ok. I knew it was ugly with him and Prattville and couldn't remember why it was like that. What surprises me is that they are a 5A school now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oh ok. I knew it was ugly with him and Prattville and couldn't remember why it was like that. What surprises me is that they are a 5A school now.
They should do well. One reason is because of the players that were zoned for Prattville and then got zoned for Marbury and grew up in the Prattville football system.

Marbury's star player this year signed with a school out of South Carolina. When he left Prattville because of the zoning, the coaches weren't happy.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Didn't I see that the former Marbury coach is now running for political office, like county commissioner or something like that? There is a reason, several in fact, why he is no longer in coaching...

Let me know if you hear any names involved with the coaching search, well, besides Anderson.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Didn't I see that the former Marbury coach is now running for political office, like county commissioner or something like that? There is a reason, several in fact, why he is no longer in coaching...

Let me know if you hear any names involved with the coaching search, well, besides Anderson.
The one poster on here that can probably find out the most doesn't come around these parts too often, if at all. Jess, please come over here and tell us what your friends (AKA Jimmy White) have told you. :)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yes I'm sure he could REALLY give us some good info:)

But I wouldn't put him in a bad spot and could understand why he wouldn't want to comment.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A coach has been hired/selected and will be announced Monday night during the BOE meeting. Some talk of Rush Probst being the guy. I honestly can't see it due to the reasons he left Hoover and what Prattville just went through.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.