Jamey Dubose leaving Prattville for Florence

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Coach Anderson lives around the corner from me, a nice enough guy and I hope he is exceedingly successful here. I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed in the hire though, as I felt it was going to be Anderson from the outset. Hard to believe that from 90+ applicants from numerous states, the best guy is a local. However, I'm a Lions fan, therefore, I'm now a CCA fan.

It will be interesting to see what type of changes he brings to the program. At least Tidehawk should have an improved view of Pville now that his former coach is over here. ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coach Anderson lives around the corner from me, a nice enough guy and I hope he is exceedingly successful here. I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed in the hire though, as I felt it was going to be Anderson from the outset. Hard to believe that from 90+ applicants from numerous states, the best guy is a local. However, I'm a Lions fan, therefore, I'm now a CCA fan.

It will be interesting to see what type of changes he brings to the program. At least Tidehawk should have an improved view of Pville now that his former coach is over here. ;)
It was over 200 applications actually or at least that is what I was told.

Like you, I figured it would be Anderson. I liked what he said on WSFA when they interviewed him Monday, though. In all honesty, he's done more than Dubose with less talent. I'm not sure I'll ever figure out how Prattville did so poorly in 2010.

And Tidehawk will just be like the rest of the Wetumpka folks - even more jealous. First Dennis and now Anderson. They mad.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
RP and Bill Clark are great friends. The whole worse thing??? RP has 5 State Championships while Bill Clark only had 2. :p It's pretty clear on who is the beter coach. GO BUCS!!!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Which is the better coach is open for debate. Being in the north, there was no one up there challenging CRP. The south had far more better teams, making the title game harder to reach. I could be wrong, but didn't the two of them split when facing each other in the championship?

I'm sure you can make a good case for CRP being the better coach; but we know who is the better man...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Which is the better coach is open for debate. Being in the north, there was no one up there challenging CRP. The south had far more better teams, making the title game harder to reach. I could be wrong, but didn't the two of them split when facing each other in the championship?

I'm sure you can make a good case for CRP being the better coach; but we know who is the better man...
The question remains - which one was/is the better recruiter? :wink:

Glad to see Anderson get his first two wins at PHS the past two weeks. The team is young. Not trying to use the Auburn excuse, either. Hopefully, they can continue to improve and make a run at the playoffs, which looks to be difficult with the new region.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It has been 5 full seasons at Prattville for Coach Anderson. Here is a recap of his tenure thus far:

2012: 5-4, missed playoffs
2013: 7-3, lost by 15 in round 1 to Foley
2014: 11-3, lost by 14 to Hoover in championship game
2015: 6-4, missed playoffs
2016: 2-7, missed playoffs

Overall 31-21, 2 playoff appearances, 1 championship game, 0 region championships, missed the playoffs in 3 of 5 seasons (keeping in mind the top 4 of 7 teams qualify for the playoffs).

With Mr. Dennis having been elected Superintendent of Elmore County schools, hopefully he will take Anderson with him because, as feared, he isn't getting it done in Pville. Any chance there is an opening at any of the Elmore county schools Tidehawk?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It has been 5 full seasons at Prattville for Coach Anderson. Here is a recap of his tenure thus far:

2012: 5-4, missed playoffs
2013: 7-3, lost by 15 in round 1 to Foley
2014: 11-3, lost by 14 to Hoover in championship game
2015: 6-4, missed playoffs
2016: 2-7, missed playoffs

Overall 31-21, 2 playoff appearances, 1 championship game, 0 region championships, missed the playoffs in 3 of 5 seasons (keeping in mind the top 4 of 7 teams qualify for the playoffs).

With Mr. Dennis having been elected Superintendent of Elmore County schools, hopefully he will take Anderson with him because, as feared, he isn't getting it done in Pville. Any chance there is an opening at any of the Elmore county schools Tidehawk?
I know some things via work. It's such a cluster. Not sure if he's going anywhere or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. One would hope 'the powers that be' are not satisfied with the direction of the football program.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. One would hope 'the powers that be' are not satisfied with the direction of the football program.
You know our town. Buddies stick with buddies, and I understand Chad is buddies with the right people.

Was told someone from the QB Club paid to have a U-Haul truck parked outside his house for weeks during the 2015 season.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Season 6 of the Chad Anderson era, or error if you prefer, got underway last night in Wetumpka (6A) with a 47-29 drubbing by the Indians. Prattville (7A) was in the game early but was thoroughly beaten in the last three quarters. The defense had no answers. The offense could move the ball at times but couldn't sustain and too often stalled in the red zone. No doubt Cam Taylor would have made a big difference but he's playing QB at Park Crossing this year. When was the last time a kid of that talent transferred away from Prattville? Speak volumes to me about the lack of confidence that exists in the coaching staff. I don't expect Pville to still look like the Bill Clark days, but being competitive isn't too much to ask for. Perhaps, hopefully, another season of missing the playoffs will lead to a change.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Season 6 of the Chad Anderson era, or error if you prefer, got underway last night in Wetumpka (6A) with a 47-29 drubbing by the Indians. Prattville (7A) was in the game early but was thoroughly beaten in the last three quarters. The defense had no answers. The offense could move the ball at times but couldn't sustain and too often stalled in the red zone. No doubt Cam Taylor would have made a big difference but he's playing QB at Park Crossing this year. When was the last time a kid of that talent transferred away from Prattville? Speak volumes to me about the lack of confidence that exists in the coaching staff. I don't expect Pville to still look like the Bill Clark days, but being competitive isn't too much to ask for. Perhaps, hopefully, another season of missing the playoffs will lead to a change.
Cam's not the only former Prattville player a MPS school this year. Park Crossing's starting RB transferred from Prattville, too.

Not only does Anderson have problems with actually coaching, injuries have been a major problem. Know of a kid that tore his meniscus last year as a ninth grader. He's already torn it again this year. Numerous shoulder and leg injuries throughout the roster.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well, barring an unexpected forfeiture from a team we've already lost to, last night's loss to JD all but assured Prattville will miss the playoffs again this season. There is one region/area game remaining against top ranked Central-PC, but the odds of winning that are worse that Tennessee's chances of beating Bama this year. The Anderson experiment can now be classified as a total failure. Also like Tennessee, it's past time for a change - but I remain doubtful one is on the horizon here in P-ville.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Anderson has resigned. This time I hope the coaching search extends beyond my neighborhood and even Prattville's city limits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anderson has resigned. This time I hope the coaching search extends beyond my neighborhood and even Prattville's city limits.
Going into the season, I was told he was going to step aside prior to the season and the S&C coach would be promoted.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And Prattville makes a boring hire by bringing Caleb Ross back from Opelika.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Coach Ross's first stint at PHS was during Coach Clark's regime.

He has been a part of several state championships:
2006 Prattville
2007 Prattville
2008 Prattville
2012 Spanish Fort (asst. coach)
2015 McGill-Toolen (head coach), then 2016 lost to Hoover in title game.

In his first year at Opelika he got them to the quarters.

So, at least he brings experience from some bigger schools than Wetumpka, and has had success in many places along the way. I think it is a big step up from the previous coach.
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coach Ross's first stint at PHS was during Coach Clark's regime.

He has been a part of several state championships:
2006 Prattville
2007 Prattville
2008 Prattville
2012 Spanish Fort (asst. coach)
2015 McGill-Toolen (head coach), then 2016 lost to Hoover in title game.

In his first year at Opelika he got them to the quarters.

So, at least he brings experience from some bigger schools than Wetumpka, and has had success in many places along the way. I think it is a big step up from the previous coach.
[SUB][/SUB]
Was hoping they'd go outside the Prattville network this time around, but Ross is a good guy. Liked him when I was a student. Suspect he'll bring some guys back that either played at Prattville or coached alongside him under Clark and Dubose.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.