*** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 23)

wileybb22

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2009
mobile al
Re: *** 2013 RB Altee Tenpenny Commits to Alabama ***

That is great to hear. But we also show you don't have to be a multi-year starter to make it to the next level. TR only started one season and was a top 5 pick. Mark only started 2, Dre started for 2, Upshaw started for 2. Eddie Lacy is getting a lot of pre-season love and he never started a game and missed a lot of time with turf toe. As long as we produce NFL picks, most kids will be patient for PT.
I think your right. Jalston Fowler I think will be the best rb we have this year. I think he will show his durability and prove that he is one of the best backs in the country before the season is over.

He will be one more bama back that will go high in the draft with limited playing time as far as not being a starter for 2 or 3 years.

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010

Altee Tenpenny finished 2nd place in the Nike sponsored event called "The Opening." He posted a 4.4sec 40yrd dash and measured in at 5'11 200lbs. Hes very similar to Trent Richardson in stature. Very confident Tenpenny will be a #1 RB at BAMA and will very productive. He's a physical freak of nature and he's an extremely motivated person. Our staff "hit one out of the park" on this commitment. RTR

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

He's got the right attitude and body to succeed in football. I love his work ethic and hope his ankle injury was just a fluke, which is what it looks like. He'll end his UA career being a very special player. Still not convinced that he's the best RB UA gets in this class though.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Let's add this for overall perspective.

When was the last three-year-starter RB at Alabama?

Who/when will be the next?

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I think playing two or more RBs is beneficial to the RBs themselves. If they are good enough for the next level there is "plenty of wear on the tread" still from not pounding the rock too much in college. The kid Bell, the RB from Wisconsin, carried around 300 times last season. He's going to be all used up before the NFL draft.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

UA has an advantage over most schools right now recruiting RBs

1. We have now for back to back years had a RB drafted 1st RD
2. We have shown every year under Saban that a freshman RB can see the field(except 07 but Grant was a soph and leading rusher)
3. We have also shown that you do not need to start day 1 to get to the NFL(Ingram 2 yr starter, TR 1 yr starter)
4. We also have teams like USC(Lattimore) and Ark(Davis) showing why a team needs multiple RBs so they do not run down 1 RB into the ground.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007

How was Knile Davis ran into the ground? His injury came on a freak play in fall camp.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Ten penny reconsidering?

There is a premium article on rivals about ten penny. The teaser makes it sound like he is reconsidering. Anybody know anything?

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Re: Ten penny reconsidering?

Mods, can you please fix my misspelling of tenpenny's name in the title? Stupid autocorrect...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Tenpenny camped at Arkansas this weekend, and their commitments were putting on the hard sell I'm sure.

Aside from that, I haven't seen anything to create any cause for concern, Rivals article included (which was written by their Arkansas site). Anything can happen in the recruiting game and clearly the Hogs will do every thing they can to keep him in-state, but Tenpenny has been solid since he has committed and does not show any real signs of reneging.

Long way to go, though. Interesting to see what happens with the Arkansas coaching staff in December. He's one of those kids who is so good that opposing schools will not stop recruiting him until the ink dries on the dotted line.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

I am not worried about Tenpenny. I read to main factors played into his commitment to UA. One being Petrino and Ark does not run the ball 1st, they pass, and that when he got hurt UA was the only school to stay in contact with him throughout the rehab. He said Ark never contacted him to see how he was doing. The only way Ark has any chance, and they are the only school that would worry me, is if the current coach is successful, runs the ball alot with Davis, and gets retained he might seriosly look. But Wilson will not sit there and let Davis be the center piece of that offense. If that happens Ark will have a lot of turmoil IMO on the team. Also I thought I read AT would be an EE which means he would already be enrolled at UA before they could get a new coach, unless they bomb this season and do not play in a bowl game.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

One more note AT is recruiting Henry to UA. They have become very good friends. At the Opening he was quoted several times talking about how great it would be to play with him at UA. He compared to two of them as the next MI and TR at UA. I like the confidence but tbh T Jones might be the best out of the 3.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007

I don't know about the rivals article but it is known that after he came up for the camp on Sat. it marked the fourth trip to Fayetteville since his commitment to Bama. Something along the lines of my head says Bama but my heart says Arkansas. I know that he has talked to Knile as they both suffered ankle breaks and that Knile encouraged him to push and push to get 100%. I know that he is stating that he will take officials to Bama, Ark and Okie St. and may take his whole five.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007

" But Wilson will not sit there and let Davis be the center piece of that offense."

you serious, clark?

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

" But Wilson will not sit there and let Davis be the center piece of that offense."

you serious, clark?
If you do not like what is said on a UA board you are more than welcome to go back to hogville. Wilson expects to be the center piece of that offense. If you think elsewise so be it but Wilson needs to get the heck out of Ark before that ship sinks and wants to be the highest rank QB in the draft atleast behind Barkley.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Haven't seen visual confirmation, but I have seen several Arkansas people mention that Tenpenny was in attendance for the Louisiana-Monroe debacle.

Haven't seen any real cause for concern otherwise, anyway, but that certainly would not hurt our efforts.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Haven't seen visual confirmation, but I have seen several Arkansas people mention that Tenpenny was in attendance for the Louisiana-Monroe debacle.

Haven't seen any real cause for concern otherwise, anyway, but that certainly would not hurt our efforts.

Unless, they presented their performance as Exhibit 1 in how much they need him, and how the rebuilding of the home-state school starts with his signature. All depends on what the kid wants to see and hear.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Unless, they presented their performance as Exhibit 1 in how much they need him, and how the rebuilding of the home-state school starts with his signature. All depends on what the kid wants to see and hear.
If Davis couldn't do anything behind that OL, Tenpenny couldn't either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.