RV parking in Tuscaloosa for 2012

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
Hey everybody,
I am trying to get ahead (for once) of next years RV parking. The place i parked last year went up a lot and I can not afford to pay what they are asking. Does anyone have any good places to park the rv for next season? If so, how close are you and about how much to park there?
thanks in advance and Roll Tide!
brian

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
Brian it looks like no one has answered this because I don't think there are a lot of good answers. We've been parking on the N.E. lot for the past year and decided to look around to see what else is out there.

Other than the UA Gameday listings, I'm not sure there are options other than private individuals who lease out their yards or driveways. I've e-mailed some of the places listed on the UA Gamedays spots and gotten little response from any of them.

The TidePride/Campus RV parking was $750 last year for a spot. Anyone new without a lot of TidePride points will be slotted for the NE Campus parking area. It's okay, but the spots are so close that you hope you get some one that doesn't party all night. We had that last year, thus our looking around. They say they are all sold out, but there were lots of empty spaces. I asked to be changed because of the partying, but never got a response. Even for the LSU game last year, which I thought would be full, it had some never used spaces.

Good luck. Let me know if you find any great locations.

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
WOW...someone finally answered. Thank You! I have a couple new friends in the Northeast lot. I was waiting for an email from Tide Pride about that one. Last year I was at Bamaland and it was fantastic, but it is well over twice the on campus price for this year, so it is not going to happen. I have also done the Easter seals lot and it is ok if you don't mind the train or the mile and a half walk each way.....
I think Coleman is where I would like to be, but I only have about 230 points so I probably will not be able to go there. I was hoping to get some information on someone who leases out some private space like you were saying. I do have a small lead on someone who has a fenced lot that is close. She is trying to sell the lot and I am trying to talk her into letting me get a few RVs on the lot instead. I will keep in touch with you if I can find anything if you will post any new updates for me.
thanks again.

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
Yeah, I doubt you get Coleman with 230 points. I've got a lot less than that, so it's always a possibility. We were in the softball lot for two years and loved it there, but they got greedy and kicked us to N.E. The plan was to let passenger cars park in the softball lot, but we drove by it many times last year and it was practically empty.

Good luck and if you hear of anything PM me here. We're going down to "dog-sit" for my son next week and one of the items on my agenda was to look around for private spots. I'll let you know if I find anything promising.

RTRV

May 23, 2012
Brian,

I am in the exact same situation as you. I also parked at Bamaland last year but couldn't afford it again. I can't believe that went up so much considering the home schedule this season. Anyways, I found this thread and wanted to see if you had made any progress on the parking situation. I don't really know what to do because I would like to have it figured out way before the first game rolls around. Any luck with the open lot?

Roll Tide!

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
no luck yet. she wants to sell the lot outright. So far, I have emailed Tide Pride and added my name to the waiting list for the on campus lots. I also keep checking the Marines lot and Easter Seals lots for updates, but nothing yet. I can't believe how much Bamaland went up either, I wonder if they will fill their lot this year. I have two more guys that I talk to who are also looking, maybe we can find a good spot together and get a decent rate for it. I will keep posting updates.

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
Did you hear anything yet? The deadline is June 22nd for TidePride lots. I talked to the coordinator for RV parking and he said it would be about a week after the deadline before they knew where open spaces were.
I guess I'm back in because I'm afraid of losing a spot. Funny that no one in the USMC or Easter seals ever called or e-mailed me back. That's what happens when demand exceeds capacity I guess.
I looked around T-town and to be honest wasn't very aggressive about it, but didn't hear or see of any other spots. Let me know if you hear of something.

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
Still no luck. I think she will only be interested in selling the lot. When I was in the Easter Seals lot the last time, it was July when I signed up. Still time there. I check both sites every other day or so. Maybe I have enough points to pick up an on campus spot if they have some openings. The best thing about the Easter Seals lot was that you could park a few cars with you and tailgate. There were always empty spots there too. I have not seen if the tornado damaged that lot or building any though. I will keep posting updates.

RTRV

May 23, 2012
Brian,

Where is this parking lot located anyway? How much is she asking to sell it?

Just curious if it might be worth thinking about...

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
haha, yeah...I thought about buying the lot also, or just offering to park cars for her and maybe some RVs until she told me she wanted $450,000 for it. Then I swallowed that lump and decided I would look for a spot somewhere else. A buddy and I were interested in going in halves for it. Not for a quarter mil though.... I will get the address for it if you all still want me to. Maybe we could all pool (450 of us..lol) our money and have our own party lot.

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
haha, yeah...I thought about buying the lot also, or just offering to park cars for her and maybe some RVs until she told me she wanted $450,000 for it. Then I swallowed that lump and decided I would look for a spot somewhere else. A buddy and I were interested in going in halves for it. Not for a quarter mil though.... I will get the address for it if you all still want me to. Maybe we could all pool (450 of us..lol) our money and have our own party lot.
You can count me in for $100. Y'all can come up with the other 449,900. :)

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
Well guys, it looks like it is about time to make a decision. The Marines lot is full, and Easter Seals is getting loaded up also. I have not received a call or email from Tide Pride about on campus parking. Have any of you heard anything yet? I guess I will reserve a spot somewhere late this week to ensure that I can get in somewhere. Any ideas out there?

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
Did TidePride or the parking gurus ever get back to you? I would call and leave a message, or see if you can get someone on the phone. That's when I've gotten my best information. They don't seem to respond to e-mails. I went ahead and paid for mine on the last day and hopefully will be moved away from party central.

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
They never have called or emailed. I guess I will sign up with the Easter Seals lot. Who do you call to get your information? Is it the phone number listed on the gameday site?

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
Here's the telephone number I have on the e-mail. 205-262-2811. I'm not sure how they divvy stuff up, but there were a lot of spaces that never had RVs in them last year. They said they were sold out on the Gameday site but it didn't look that way.

brian

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2007
Spring Hill, Tn
Well I want to say thanks to all of you who replied to this thread. I ended up in getting a spot in the NE commuter lot for this season. I am in spot # 102. Where did everyone else end up at?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.