Jan 5, 2011
Re: DE / ATH Robert Nkemdiche Updates

This is surprising but our d line will be fine with or without

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

It has been out there on the Clemson boards since this morning. But they are a little worried he had not spoken with his father yet. His father said he got excited on the LSU visit in the spring and almost commited until he called his dad and he told him to come home and think on it. Also still a long time until NSD and if he would have sommited to UA instead we would be sweating it until than as well.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

as long as he sign the LOI and send it to UA, I'm fine with being either "hunter"or"hunted"
It has been out there on the Clemson boards since this morning. But they are a little worried he had not spoken with his father yet. His father said he got excited on the LSU visit in the spring and almost commited until he called his dad and he told him to come home and think on it. Also still a long time until NSD and if he would have sommited to UA instead we would be sweating it until than as well.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I guess you can count Bama as out now. He chose Clemson per Rivals.
Nope Barton Simmons tweeted haven't confirmed with rn his family ,coach,or two other teammates. Also the other sources have said his dad which loves saban doesn't agree so nobody knows right now and no matter what bama will be in this until signing day regardless of where he is committed. And is suppose to visit bama next week and m. Adams will be here as well. Rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Nope Barton Simmons tweeted haven't confirmed with rn his family ,coach,or two other teammates. Also the other sources have said his dad which loves saban doesn't agree so nobody knows right now and no matter what bama will be in this until signing day regardless of where he is committed. And is suppose to visit bama next week and m. Adams will be here as well. Rtr
I will hold out hope Jam, but rather him go ACC than a rival SEC team.

I'm not too surprised, I'm more upset but if he's comfortable going then I'm cool with it. The massive under achievers in Clemson will be a great school to pick up stats and then go to the league. At Bama he could do the same plus win championships (yeah, that's plural). To me that's always mattered more. That's why we play the game.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

All I can say is what a waste.

I agree. But if he's that easily swayed to a second rate program like Clemson over 3 yrs in Tuscaloosa learning and winning under Saban, I've got other concerns about him. I would like to have him, but we do not NEED him.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I'm reminded of the pearls of wisdom from Senator Blutarsky.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

I thought I would be more disappointed than I am about losing out on RN. It sounds like we may still have a chance, and I would obviously love to have him. But I've come to realize one recruit will not make or break us. We still have a phenomenal class going with or without RN.

Last edited:
I thought I would be more disappointed than I am about losing out on RN. It sounds like we may still have a chance, and I would obviously love to have him. But I've come to realize one recruit will not or break us. We still have a phenomenal class going with or without RN.
I agree, definitely not make or break. I love our recruits and where we stand. We still have plenty of time and recruits to go. This class is shaping up to be great.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Folks, who needs great defensive players more? Bama or Clemson? ;) J. Clowney signed and played for who last season and who won the national championship? Not gonna answer these questions for you as you all know the answers. So does he! ;) Would love to see him in Crimson but if not nothing changes as far as seeing more championships coming to T-Town! ;)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

we didnt want him anyway
Bull crap. Everybody wanted him, and there was a darn good reason they did, he's legit. To think he didn't committ to us because we didn't want him is just pure garbage. As much as I hate to say it, Bama isn't for everyone, and if for some reason he felt that Bama isn't the right place for him then so be it and I wish him well. I also hope that we get the chance to kick his butt some time in the future to remind him of what could have been. I do hope you were kidding, and if so I apologize, but seeing those words are one of my top pet peeves committed by fans.

All I can say is what a waste.
It's not a waste if he feels that this is the right decision. He has to do what's best for him, and if he's happy there then there is no waste at all. I would have loved to see him come to us, and I still hope we can pull him away, but to say that it is a waste is very premature.

Bottom line, he's a special athlete, and just the fact that we were (and still probably are) in the running for him should make us proud of our team and our coaching staff. Do you think we would have even been on his radar 6-7 years ago? Absolutely not. We've come a long way since then, and seeing us as a legitimate contendor for most of the top 10 recruits, even though I know most of whom will choose to go elsewhere, just goes to show why Saban is the best in the business.

It's a great time to be a Bama fan!!! Roll Tide

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

People stop he is a difference maker. Read my other post this isn't over. Still nothing from him btw even on his Twitter .

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

People stop he is a difference maker. Read my other post this isn't over. Still nothing from him btw even on his Twitter .
This is awfully early from somebody like RN to commit to a school like Clemson. If I was a Clemson fan, I would be estatic about the verbal but I would also be scared to death because he can change his mind (snaps) just like that.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

just a young man got caught in the moment. Let him get home, talk to his family. Calm down. Then make a decision. He needs us just as we need him. Daquan Bowers with clemson should be a good reminder

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.