HHH vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I actually am. One last big match for both of them. I don't see them letting the Undertaker streak end.
Probably not HHH's last match, or Taker's. But i Agree Taker will win, its his match at his ppv, but should be brutal.As long as Taker sticks to one match a year he's got a few more mania's in him. HHH still relatively young and still in great shape. probably on the card for the major ppv's form the next few years.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
to put this match into perspective the only other matchup to headline 3 wrestlemanias was Rock vs Austin (correct me if i'm wrong) that's huge.

for those not savy with the business thats a BIG deal. it means the match up is so popular and successful that it can sell out an arena and ppv subscriptions 3 times for an event that is the company's cash cow. On par with winning multiple master's in golf or multiple BSC championships in football but in the wrestling world.

to put this match into perspective the only other matchup to headline 3 wrestlemanias was Rock vs Austin (correct me if i'm wrong) that's huge.

for those not savy with the business thats a BIG deal. it means the match up is so popular and successful that it can sell out an arena and ppv subscriptions 3 times for an event that is the company's cash cow. On par with winning multiple master's in golf or multiple BSC championships in football but in the wrestling world.
The crazy thing is that Rock vs. Cena is the match they're using to really sell this show. I was leery about another Triple H/Taker match (But hey, they did deliver last year), but putting on the Hell in the Cell stipulation sweetens the pot. Now it's a matter of what match goes last - this one or Rock vs. Cena. Like the past few Wrestlemanias, the WWE has an issue with match placement. You just can't put Rock vs. Cena and Taker/Triple back to back... then you have the two world title matches to factor in as well. You have to peak and valley the crowd or matches will suffer (Case in point - the matches that had to follow the first Shawn Michaels/Taker Wrestlemania match). All be told, though, "The Streak" won't end with this one. Triple H himself has said in interviews he doesn't believe it should ever end.

The only issue I have with the build of this match is a lot like last year: They won't acknowledge Triple H actually lost the match last year (Or the one at Wrestlemania 17). The build has been all "Triple H took out The Undertaker for a year".

The card does look solid so far... Wrestlemania is the only PPV I purchase outright each year (Will watch others if friends are getting it and such). I like this year's line-up:

-Rock vs. Cena (Going with the build of Cena making Rock look like the bad guy for leaving the WWE because he got successful. Sorry... that makes me a fan of The Rock even more)
-Triple H vs. Taker
-Jericho vs. Punk (Hopefully they start sizzling on the microphone soon)
-Sheamus vs. Bryan (Last year, this was a match that got bumped to an opening dark match... now it's a World Title match)
-Big Show vs. Shaq (Highly rumored and Shaq has confirmed he will be a part of the show)
-Rumored multi-man match to determine who will be GM - The annual Raw vs. Smackdown Match (Set the seeds at Elimination Chamber)
-Divas Match (Hopefully Beth vs. Kharma)
-Another multi-man match so people can get a Wrestlemania payoff. A lot of the big mid-card players need a role on the show. They could do another Money in the Bank match.

Names without a confirmed role:
-Kane
-Dolph Ziggler
-Christian (Could be in the Smackdown vs. Raw Match)
-Alberto Del Rio (Could be in the Smackdown vs. Raw Match)
-Mark Henry (Could be in the Smackdown vs. Raw Match)
-Kofi Kingston
-The Miz
-R-Truth
-Jack Swagger
-Cody Rhodes
-Wade Barrett (Although he suffered an elbow injury at Raw)

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
DD

most assume that since the Money in the Bank ppv has been eliminated from this years schedule that there is supposed to be on scheduled for Mania as was traditional, most of the mid card guys will be in it. Kofi and RTruth probably getting a push as a tag team.

also its been confirmed by some WWE officials that Wade is out for WM, dislocated Elbow.

DD

most assume that since the Money in the Bank ppv has been eliminated from this years schedule that there is supposed to be on scheduled for Mania as was traditional, most of the mid card guys will be in it. Kofi and RTruth probably getting a push as a tag team.

also its been confirmed by some WWE officials that Wade is out for WM, dislocated Elbow.
Yeah... the rumor for a quick minute was that the Money in the Bank match was going to feature all former World Champions. I was trying to do the math, and that doesn't really work with the current line-up.

Even with Kofi and R-Truth as faces, I don't know if they'll waste them in a tag-team title match or put them in a MITB or the faces representing Teddy Long in the Raw/Smackdown match. I can see it being R-Truth, Kofi, and Santino (Getting an underdog push to siphon off the Jeremy Lin situation) vs. Henry, Christian, and Del Rio.

Regardless, there is kind of a lack of solid midcard faces to round things out.

And I watched Barrett's injury on slow-motion last night. When Ziggler came flying out of the ring, he tried catching him but his left arm landed incredibly awkwardly and extended. You could see it for a split second, but it did not look good. Still, it's good to hear he didn't fully break it.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Yeah... the rumor for a quick minute was that the Money in the Bank match was going to feature all former World Champions. I was trying to do the math, and that doesn't really work with the current line-up.

Even with Kofi and R-Truth as faces, I don't know if they'll waste them in a tag-team title match or put them in a MITB or the faces representing Teddy Long in the Raw/Smackdown match. I can see it being R-Truth, Kofi, and Santino (Getting an underdog push to siphon off the Jeremy Lin situation) vs. Henry, Christian, and Del Rio.

Regardless, there is kind of a lack of solid midcard faces to round things out.

And I watched Barrett's injury on slow-motion last night. When Ziggler came flying out of the ring, he tried catching him but his left arm landed incredibly awkwardly and extended. You could see it for a split second, but it did not look good. Still, it's good to hear he didn't fully break it.

To me it looked like he landed on his arm to break his fall. still not sure. A good money in the bank, if christian and del rio are back, with orton and a few others would be a solid add the card.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
now it looks like Shaq will be in attendance he wont be involved in a match. I think Rhodes Show Santino and Henry may be in a match together, but that all depends on the line up for the MITB match, if there is one.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States
WM streak should come to an end for the Undertaker, but it won't. There is only one character who can "retired" Undertaker and this HHH. But alas it won't happen at WM, but at some show like Summerslam. But I do get the feeling we are seeing the end of the "Attitude" era of the WWE. I think Taker retires by some point this year, Kane within the year, and I could see HHH retiring after WM.

As for the cards, I think I would put the HITC match between HHH/UT last. Rock/Cena should be interesting, but I don't think it should be THE main event. I am more interested in HHH/UT than I am of Rock/Cena.

With that said, Punk/Jericho or Bryan/Sheamus (or both) will steal WM.

WM streak should come to an end for the Undertaker, but it won't. There is only one character who can "retired" Undertaker and this HHH. But alas it won't happen at WM, but at some show like Summerslam. But I do get the feeling we are seeing the end of the "Attitude" era of the WWE. I think Taker retires by some point this year, Kane within the year, and I could see HHH retiring after WM.

As for the cards, I think I would put the HITC match between HHH/UT last. Rock/Cena should be interesting, but I don't think it should be THE main event. I am more interested in HHH/UT than I am of Rock/Cena.

With that said, Punk/Jericho or Bryan/Sheamus (or both) will steal WM.
The issue there is that Rock and Cena has sold this show since last year. It's the match that's getting all the priority. Even with the Hell in the Cell, I can't see it not going on last. I'd have Sheamus/Bryan open the show, Hell in the Cell go in the middle, Punk/Jericho go next to last, and then Rock/Cena to close things.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
new twist in the HIAC match, not sure what WWE does with it. In a phone interview with WWE.com today, Shawn Michaels went on a bit of a rant about the match. you can hear it here. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/hbk-better-than-tripleh

I imagine his rant was kayfabe, just knowing what we know about HBK and the general rule of "what you see (hear) they want you to see (hear)" The question becomes if HBK may have more to do with this match later down the road. Is it possible that the showstopper is regretting his retirement or will we see him mixed into this match someway?

its been rumored for a while that HBK may end up as a guest ref or even as a third member of the match, and its of course possible that it goes nowhere, but WM 28 is looking fantastic this year especially after the less than stellar card at 27

new twist in the HIAC match, not sure what WWE does with it. In a phone interview with WWE.com today, Shawn Michaels went on a bit of a rant about the match. you can hear it here. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/hbk-better-than-tripleh

I imagine his rant was kayfabe, just knowing what we know about HBK and the general rule of "what you see (hear) they want you to see (hear)" The question becomes if HBK may have more to do with this match later down the road. Is it possible that the showstopper is regretting his retirement or will we see him mixed into this match someway?

its been rumored for a while that HBK may end up as a guest ref or even as a third member of the match, and its of course possible that it goes nowhere, but WM 28 is looking fantastic this year especially after the less than stellar card at 27
Outside of maybe being the referee, I don't want to see HBK involved in the match. Triple H vs. Taker really needs to stand on its own. A Hell in the Cell match really doesn't need a special referee (or a referee of any sorts when you think about it).

Also - it was rumored that HBK was going to be the referee last year as well, but he just got involved in some build-up segments.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
An Intercontinental Championship Match Cody Rhodes (champ) vs. Big Show, has been set for Wrestlemania. The card keeps getting better imo. Big Show finally in a serious matchup at WM, Rhodes has been a good champ, but I think Big Show deserves to take this one because how hard he's been working in the Bryan angle, not to mention his performance at the Elimination Chamber helped steal the show. should be a good undercard, shaping up.

An Intercontinental Championship Match Cody Rhodes (champ) vs. Big Show, has been set for Wrestlemania. The card keeps getting better imo. Big Show finally in a serious matchup at WM, Rhodes has been a good champ, but I think Big Show deserves to take this one because how hard he's been working in the Bryan angle, not to mention his performance at the Elimination Chamber helped steal the show. should be a good undercard, shaping up.
Honestly, Cody getting the win does a lot more in the long run than Big Show. You can really put a sense of credibility on Cody Rhodes by scoring a title match victory against Big Show at Wrestlemania.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
also appears as if Randy Orton will have some kind of match with Kane. 2nd year in a row that the viper hasn't been in a feature match at WM which is surprising, even though he and CMpunk had one of the best matches on last years ppv, it was still not a main event. I wonder if his injury a month or so back has anything to do with him missing out on a title match this year?

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States
also appears as if Randy Orton will have some kind of match with Kane. 2nd year in a row that the viper hasn't been in a feature match at WM which is surprising, even though he and CMpunk had one of the best matches on last years ppv, it was still not a main event. I wonder if his injury a month or so back has anything to do with him missing out on a title match this year?
I thought Orton was in a Three Way Match with Sheamus and Bryan? Something change?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.