Santorum: Satan is working on the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

It's On A Slab

Glad you have no fear of radical Islamists - their faith is unquestionable. They will gladly die for it...and kill you for it, too.
"Science flies you to the Moon. Religion flies you into buildings." - Richard Dawkins

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I'll play and align myself with the crazies on this one.

I DO belive in God, and I DO believe in Satan. I DO believe that, just as God works in mysterious ways, so does Satan.

That said, if you DON'T believe in either, then the rest of this post won't make sense to you and will be laughable. That's fine. Poke at it, laugh at it, etc.

Let me also state that I don't believe that we are a "Christian nation." We may a nation made of a Christian majority, but by the Constitution, we are not a nation built on Christianity. So, there's that. Nobody says you can't pray in schools...it's just that schools can't lead Christian-only prayers. Nobody took 'the Christ out of Christmas', etc.....

However, as a Chrisitian, I do believe that Satan walks among us. And I do believe in spiritual warfare, which is the battle between Satan and his, between God and His, for your mind and soul. The Bible supports it. So, again, if you don't believe in God or the Bible, it won't make sense.

Santorum is stating a Christian truth...Satan is working on the USA, and has been working on the ENTIRE WORLD since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. Should he miraculously win the presidency, I don't want him leading the nation from that viewpoint, but I agree with him. I don't think it has to do with women working, birth control, long pants, etc. It has to do with a general rejection of God among many, and chipping away at moral decency, etc.

I oppose abortion on a moral and social level. I oppose gay marriage morally, but don't care on a social level. I oppose weed on a moral level, but don't care on a social level. Etc. I don't feel gov't should legislate morality, or else it becomes a false morality.

that's just me.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I believe all the evil in the world is generated entirely from within the psyche of mankind. We've got so much capacity for badness within ourselves, we don't need to attribute those impulses to an extracorporeal entity.

As for Santorum, I believe when a candidate starts going "too" religious he loses the bulk of the voting populace. It makes the fundamentalists happy, but alienates those of us who don't march to the beat of that drum. I know if Romney started talking about the more fundamental beliefs of the LDS, he'd be practically run out of the campaign on a rail.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I DO belive in God, and I DO believe in Satan. I DO believe that, just as God works in mysterious ways, so does Satan.

That said, if you DON'T believe in either, then the rest of this post won't make sense to you and will be laughable. That's fine. Poke at it, laugh at it, etc.

Let me also state that I don't believe that we are a "Christian nation." We may a nation made of a Christian majority, but by the Constitution, we are not a nation built on Christianity. So, there's that. Nobody says you can't pray in schools...it's just that schools can't lead Christian-only prayers. Nobody took 'the Christ out of Christmas', etc.....

However, as a Chrisitian, I do believe that Satan walks among us. And I do believe in spiritual warfare, which is the battle between Satan and his, between God and His, for your mind and soul. The Bible supports it. So, again, if you don't believe in God or the Bible, it won't make sense.

Santorum is stating a Christian truth...Satan is working on the USA, and has been working on the ENTIRE WORLD since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. Should he miraculously win the presidency, I don't want him leading the nation from that viewpoint, but I agree with him. I don't think it has to do with women working, birth control, long pants, etc. It has to do with a general rejection of God among many, and chipping away at moral decency, etc.

I oppose abortion on a moral and social level. I oppose gay marriage morally, but don't care on a social level. I oppose weed on a moral level, but don't care on a social level. Etc. I don't feel gov't should legislate morality, or else it becomes a false morality.

that's just me.
I'm voting for Sam & Dean Winchester.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
As for Santorum, I believe when a candidate starts going "too" religious he loses the bulk of the voting populace. It makes the fundamentalists happy, but alienates those of us who don't march to the beat of that drum. I know if Romney started talking about the more fundamental beliefs of the LDS, he'd be practically run out of the campaign on a rail.
Totally agree here. Contrary to what 92 said earlier RS is NOT disciplined at all and it has been an Achilles heel and a benefit at times. There was a great article that chronicled his style based on what his longtime campaign advisor said. It works at times great and in general it will be disasterous. He knows this and is cringing. It is also why I think Romney wins MI and AZ.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama

that's just me.
That is a very reasonable perspective....... shouldn't we remove it from the thread?

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
I believe all the evil in the world is generated entirely from within the psyche of mankind. We've got so much capacity for badness within ourselves, we don't need to attribute those impulses to an extracorporeal entity.
There are some Christian sects that say that is exactly what Satan is, a personification of the element of man who works against that which is good. Other Christians would say what you speak of is called "the flesh" or sinful nature, that part of man that manifests itself by our sinful actions. Whether there is some creature with horns, a pitchfork and a pointy tail out there pulling the strings acting as the mastermind behind all the evil in the world remains to be seen, but one thing Christians agree on is that mankind has been fallen since the garden of eden and that fallen nature is the source of much evil in the world.

I am a Christian but not a fundamentalist, and Santorums's extremely conservative view are a turn off to me. I agree with you.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Totally agree here. Contrary to what 92 said earlier RS is NOT disciplined at all and it has been an Achilles heel and a benefit at times. There was a great article that chronicled his style based on what his longtime campaign advisor said. It works at times great and in general it will be disasterous. He knows this and is cringing. It is also why I think Romney wins MI and AZ.
what i was saying is he is disciplined in his message. ill agree that he lacks the discipline of "playing the game"

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
Just because mankind is sufficiently evil all by himself, does not exclude the possibility of an "extracorporeal entity". In fact, the Bible teaches that very concept. We are sufficiently evil all by ourselves. Based on my understanding, Satan's role is not to make us evil, but, at least in part, to convince us there is no God (or Satan), or put another way, we are the "gods", ourselves. IF Satan does exist, he has done an excellent job, in my opinion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There are some Christian sects that say that is exactly what Satan is, a personification of the element of man who works against that which is good. Other Christians would say what you speak of is called "the flesh" or sinful nature, that part of man that manifests itself by our sinful actions. Whether there is some creature with horns, a pitchfork and a pointy tail out there pulling the strings acting as the mastermind behind all the evil in the world remains to be seen, but one thing Christians agree on is that mankind has been fallen since the garden of eden and that fallen nature is the source of much evil in the world.

I am a Christian but not a fundamentalist, and Santorums's extremely conservative view are a turn off to me. I agree with you.
for me, after seeing and participating in many strains of christianity, the only consistent truth i can see is that of approaching the world and its inhabitants with love and grace. i honestly don't spend a lot of time worrying about the details beyond that because trying to do the previous part consistently keeps me pretty busy.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
for me, after seeing and participating in many strains of christianity, the only consistent truth i can see is that of approaching the world and its inhabitants with love and grace. i honestly don't spend a lot of time worrying about the details beyond that because trying to do the previous part consistently keeps me pretty busy.
I'm just curious.... what do you do with "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except by me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.