Santorum: Satan is working on the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilred

Suspended
Feb 6, 2008
I agree with you. I don't think the founders wanted a government sponsored Christian religion (most were familiar with the Church of England, a state-run religion), but they generally agreed that the morals of Christianity were what would sustain us as a nation. They also never intended anyone to be forced out of a political race simply because he believes in Satan. I think that would fall under his freedom of religion that everybody is preaching.
Seems everyone is getting off centered here. The whole thing was about satan running rampant in this country causing havoc. Then it turned to who believes there is a satan and so on. I don't care who or what you believe. The fact of the matter is that since we have turned our backs on God in this country we have gone backwards.

SimplyTide

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Santorum seems to have said these things in religious settings (at his church and when speaking to students at a religious school). Unless/until he uses this sort of dialog in political debate or discourse, I'll give him a pass. I have plenty of other reasons not to vote for him.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Could be that both of those are addressing the corruption of the church (Church of England, perhaps) rather than Christianity itself. I would like to have some context to form my own opinion. Where did these quotes originate?
I got them from here...
Link
Look at the name of the website.....

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
who is being forced out of a political race simply because they believe in satan? I don't think you understand how freedom of religion works.
no, i get it. but you all want a double standard. he has been mocked on this thread and in the media for his beliefs, thus undermining the possibilities of him getting into office. if religion is not an issue, why has it even been brought up? I remember a few people during the last election mocking sarah palin for her religious beliefs. again, i ask, if she has the right to believe whatever she wants, why were her religious beliefs even an issue? why were they mentioned? why did we start this thread about rick santorum except to mock him? and before you say, "we have the right to mock him", yes, you do, but i ask again, why was this mentioned at this time when he is running for president? it's from a speech at a university back in .... 2008?

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Seems everyone is getting off centered here. The whole thing was about satan running rampant in this country causing havoc. Then it turned to who believes there is a satan and so on. I don't care who or what you believe. The fact of the matter is that since we have turned our backs on God in this country we have gone backwards.
I try so hard not to get in these threads but here goes. I dont think the country has turned its back on God and I know that is not what is wrong with this country. Entitlement yes you heard me is what is wrong here. Give me my free stuff and I aint gonna do nothing but want some more free stuff.

Get rid of the worthless trash up in here and the country comes straight back and quick.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
no, i get it. but you all want a double standard. he has been mocked on this thread and in the media for his beliefs, thus undermining the possibilities of him getting into office. if religion is not an issue, why has it even been brought up? I remember a few people during the last election mocking sarah palin for her religious beliefs. again, i ask, if she has the right to believe whatever she wants, why were her religious beliefs even an issue? why were they mentioned? why did we start this thread about rick santorum except to mock him? and before you say, "we have the right to mock him", yes, you do, but i ask again, why was this mentioned at this time when he is running for president? it's from a speech at a university back in .... 2008?
i've never said anything about a double standard. and you should ask savannah the d why she felt the need to post it.

i think that it is our duty to ask questions of those who wish to be elected into office. santorum and palin are running touting their brand of christianity (i see it more as christianism) as the reason they should be elected. fair game if you ask me. and in no way does asking those questions impose on anyone's religious liberty.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Have you EVER read anything from the FOUNDING FATHERS?

Many quotes from them all about God/satan/this country and the original laws/Constitution/Ammendments worked just fine. Its been the LIBERAL insertion in the last 50 or so years that has messed this country up and will continue to do so.

I'm afraid that this country is doomed if we do not see a great revival throughout the land.
I'm pretty liberal when it comes to inserting.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
he doesn't site any of the quotes either...........
Jefferson's Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVII. That's for part of the first Jefferson quotes. There are a lot of differences about where this appeared in Jefferson's writings, but not that it was legit. As for the rest...stand by.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
that is just wrong on so many levels.
On what levels is that statement of his wrong? Besides, why is this such a big deal. Santorum believes that Satan exist (as do Christians) and has an influence on the country in which we live. Is that really that different than sitting in a church while the pastor bemoans the GD US of KKK A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.