'Bama Commit OJ Howard Updates

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Umm. No. If your skin is this thin, you may want to think twice about reading more. $$$$ and cow patties, Boogs, *U, the Barn, etc. are synonymous here. TIDE-HSV (Earle) would never say something he thought would offend a recruit or anyone. Learn how to take things in "jest."

BTW, welcome!

Well, thanks for the welcome first. Maybe I do have thin skin and I'll try to work on that. The comment just leaves the impression that the kid is coming to Bama because AU did'nt have the $$ to lure him away. I think he is probably coming to Bama because he loves the school and the fans and wants to be a part of it. At least I hope so. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut but I didn't so... Anyway, Roll Tide!

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Well, thanks for the welcome first. Maybe I do have thin skin and I'll try to work on that. The comment just leaves the impression that the kid is coming to Bama because AU did'nt have the $$ to lure him away. I think he is probably coming to Bama because he loves the school and the fans and wants to be a part of it. At least I hope so. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut but I didn't so... Anyway, Roll Tide!
Hey fella, nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.:smile:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
You know, I've read this board for the last 3 years and just recently joined and this is my first post. I really like this board alot and there is a ton of information here that you just can't get anywhere else. That being said, I cringe when I see comments like this. Why does this even need to be said at all? Could it not be read into that statement that we outbid AU for him? If I were OJ I might actually take offense to that. I absolutely hate AU as much as anyone on here but I just think that is a careless statement. Well, after calling out Earl I may get the boot from here but I just had to give my opinion on that...

Tell me how AU got Rueben........Please!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
You know, I've read this board for the last 3 years and just recently joined and this is my first post. I really like this board alot and there is a ton of information here that you just can't get anywhere else. That being said, I cringe when I see comments like this. Why does this even need to be said at all? Could it not be read into that statement that we outbid AU for him? If I were OJ I might actually take offense to that. I absolutely hate AU as much as anyone on here but I just think that is a careless statement. Well, after calling out Earl I may get the boot from here but I just had to give my opinion on that...
What Earl was saying is that despite throwing $$$ at him, OJ can't be bought away from the best campus and program in all of CFB! :cool2:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Yeah you are totally miss reading Earle's post. The kid committed to Bama because he feels like Bama is the best place for him both academically and athletically. Auburn wanted him bad and with their past record, in all likely hood, opened up their wallets to entice him to come to Auburn but the kid could not be bought! He never implies Bama paid for his commitment! If that is what you are reading in his comment you may need to get your eyes checked! Of course that is assuming you are a Bama fan at all! ;)

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Seems pretty clear that what HSV meant was that another school was possibly unable to come up with enough $ to pull a recruit away. What BamaMark said was that someone on the outside of Alabama could come back and say to the effect that we had more money to put in his hands than they did. Both deductions are reasonable from opposite sides
And by the way, I have only a few posts because I am just a fan, and I have no inside information, just observations that carry no factual weight, so I keep most of them to myself. Could I be a Barner? Wait, I now live in Tn. Maybe I'm a Vile. And Vandy's only 20 miles away, but they don't spend much money on sports. Everyone at some point had to have a low post count. Who made the first Moo accusation I wonder, and at who? RTR:wink:

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Seems pretty clear that what HSV meant was that another school was possibly unable to come up with enough $ to pull a recruit away. What BamaMark said was that someone on the outside of Alabama could come back and say to the effect that we had more money to put in his hands than they did. Both deductions are reasonable from opposite sides
And by the way, I have only a few posts because I am just a fan, and I have no inside information, just observations that carry no factual weight, so I keep most of them to myself. Could I be a Barner? Wait, I now live in Tn. Maybe I'm a Vile. And Vandy's only 20 miles away, but they don't spend much money on sports. Everyone at some point had to have a low post count. Who made the first Moo accusation I wonder, and at who? RTR:wink:
Well said Wagg.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Maybe you're a barner Vile...the worst of everything. ;) j/k Both interpretations are reasonable, but I think the gist of all of this comes down to watching some of these kids that announce for the barn. Last year, CK looked like someone kicked his puppy when he announced for the barn (other examples, but names elude me). I don't know what the barn does to get kids to commit, but never look excited about that commitment. That may be why so many of their players get run off.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm saying it because I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've had friends who were offered $1K per game as far back as the mid '80s. It died down during little Bowden's reign and was minimal during Tubs tenure, but the same guy is back in charge who was in charge during the 80s. The four guys who appeared on TV, describing the bonus system, were speaking from personal knowledge. Now, the reason people listen when I have something to say is that I have a track record of being right. You, on the other hand, have no track record at all. Now, if you have something else to say to me, address via PM and not on the open forum, or you will be correct about your short duration here...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Low post count does not make you a Barner. It’s what you say coupled with that low post count that earns you that distinction. As with any group that you join (or life in general) , first impressions are what define you with people.

If you make a post defending the Barn (or criticizing the Capstone) AND if you have a low post count, you will get a “Moo” every time! There are posers that come here and generally behave until they get their post count up. They eventually show their true colors.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm saying it because I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've had friends who were offered $1K per game as far back as the mid '80s. It died down during little Bowden's reign and was minimal during Tubs tenure, but the same guy is back in charge who was in charge during the 80s. The four guys who appeared on TV, describing the bonus system, were speaking from personal knowledge. Now, the reason people listen when I have something to say is that I have a track record of being right. You, on the other hand, have no track record at all. Now, if you have something else to say to me, address via PM and not on the open forum, or you will be correct about your short duration here...
The Barn has brought back the phrase "Keep it down home cuz".

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Seems pretty clear that what HSV meant was that another school was possibly unable to come up with enough $ to pull a recruit away.
Not what I read Earle say, he said and I quote...
Sounds like the $$ didn't talk loud enough...
To me that says he couldn't be bought for any amount of money. My reading comprehension may not be the best but that is what I took from his line.

What BamaMark said was that someone on the outside of Alabama could come back and say to the effect that we had more money to put in his hands than they did.
Well anyone outside of Alabama can say anything they want, and do already. But a true Alabama fan would never insinuate anything close to that, ever! ;)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This is one of our lead recruiters. He is solid and has been to UA. Alot of funny business is going on with foster and yet it's likely not done. Auburn will be lucky to go 7-5 or 6-6 this year and they are going backwards as a program. Watch the season unfold. And it's because of the character on that team and the coaching or lack of coaching.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Pretty simple if you ask me. He has a kid that lives 30 mins from AU. His mother is now working at AU. :wink: And His mother just got a new house on the lake near AU.:wink: Sounds like he is afraid to leave the nest.:biggrin:
It's obvious to you and me. I was wondering if it was obvious to BM. :cool2:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
If feathers are still ruffled about BamaMark's post, I do have a bit to say. I have been following this board closely for several years. It was a long time before I even signed up, and since signing up, I rarely make posts. But I read them religiously. I graduated in Dec 2001 from UA, have an Alabama license plate holder, wear my hat proudly even when living in TN or NH, and went to a bar at 9AM in Thailand after re-scheduling several weeks of a world trip just to make sure I could watch the BCS title game this year. But I have a low post count, and sometimes I do think some well-respected Alabama fans step a bit further out than I'm comfortable. That doesn't make me a barner, or a Vile. I understand how Mark misinterpreted Earle's statement, and why he would be concerned with what was said. I wonder sometimes why everyone is so quick to accuse "barners" on this site. If one or two posts that counter your opinion come out, chalk it up to misunderstanding or difference of opinion. If someone starts posting blatant anti-UA sentiment, by all means, boot them from the board. But diversity of opinion is a good thing. Misunderstandings happen. Please, be patient with each other. This goes for newbies and mods. I love this board, but I hate when people start harassing each other just because someone misunderstood something or disagreed on a point of opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.