CrimsonSnake

3rd Team
Aug 21, 2002
Huntsville, ALABAMA, USA

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Thanks for passing along the info on the houndstooth light switch plates CrimsonSnake. I appreciate it!
Thanks BB for all the kind words. I'll have to re-post a video if I can ever get my Bama room finished with furniture and all... Kind of a mess right now!
I'm pretty sure I got the light switch covers off of Ebay. They're nice and here's a link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Houndstooth...063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad6ca8487

Good luck with your room and be sure and post photos when you're done.

The Plastic Man

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2008
Bama0037 (or anyone else who may know) - Where did you find that 2011 Nike National Championship Football in the bottom right of one of your pictures? I have looked all over for it recently and every place seems to be sold out.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Bama0037 (or anyone else who may know) - Where did you find that 2011 Nike National Championship Football in the bottom right of one of your pictures? I have looked all over for it recently and every place seems to be sold out.
That is a 2009 ball, so it might be difficult to locate one now.... The 2011 balls are in stock at the BamaFever in Fultondale. I think they are $50 - If you want, shoot me a PM and I can go get you one at cost + shipping.
RTR

bama0037

Mar 3, 2005
2011 Football----Bamstuff.com
2009 Football----FootballFanatics.com

Bought them both a few weeks back. John

bama0037

Mar 3, 2005
AWESOME video and pictures!!!

Two questions:

37bamagreats55, do you remember where you got the houndstooth light switch plates?

bama0037, where did you get the cabinet with the Alabama helmets? It looks like it was made for the helmets. I also love the look of the full size helmets around your tv. Nice!

Thanks....every helmet is game used....I have Trent, Mark Ingram, Julio, Rolando, Javier Arenas, Upshaw...basically every game worn helmet from all the stars of the last few years. I bought the Black Display Units at my local Havertys Furniture Store. They work absolutely perfect to display footballs and helmets.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Thanks....every helmet is game used....I have Trent, Mark Ingram, Julio, Rolando, Javier Arenas, Upshaw...basically every game worn helmet from all the stars of the last few years. I bought the Black Display Units at my local Havertys Furniture Store. They work absolutely perfect to display footballs and helmets.
You have an AWESOME collection! I also love the four flatscreens. Great set-up!

Thanks for the heads up on the cabinet that you have your helmets in. I am going to go on Haverty's website later and see if I can find the cabinet. It looks like it was made for the helmets and footballs. Hopefully they have not discontinued it.

The Plastic Man

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2008
Thanks BamaGreats and 0037. Picked up one from Bamastuff.com last night.

Greats - I already ordered the 2009 ball (currently on sale in the TideFans store [shameless plug] - just search "football" in the search box). Was looking for the Nike version of this years to keep the same brand going.

0037 - I'm guessing that you are either on the team or work with them in some capacity. Either way, that's really cool, and that's a really impressive collection. If you're ever willing to part with some of it or can hook up a fellow reader, PM me :)

I've got a small collection going - not looking at anything to resell, just collect.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
How did you get those championship rings? That is awesome. I just recently purchased a replica 2009 ring off eBay a few weeks back.

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
The Beveled Edge in Homewood is great for sports items. Chris Oyler is the owner and BAMA fan, he is the only person I trust to leave my valuable Alabama items with. I'm sure he has a website, but I just call him 940-2202. I hope this information helps.

Depot used to have the official colors.
Takes a lot of coats, but well worth it by the time you get done.
I've shared my photos before, but here's a few more.
If anybody has any suggestions for good frame shops in the Birmingham area, please let me know. I've also got a ton of jerseys I've got to get shadowboxed, too.. Suggestions would be grand.
RTR

[/QUOTE]

bama0037

Mar 3, 2005
How did you get those championship rings? That is awesome. I just recently purchased a replica 2009 ring off eBay a few weeks back.

Bought them from one of the former players on the team. You would be surprised by how many of the players sell their Championship Rings and especially some of the bigger names that have sold theirs. I am sure they will regret it once they are older but they are young now and think nothing of it.

The Plastic Man

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2008
Cadillac - I've been really satisfied with the framing services at Hobby Lobby. If you catch them at the right time, they also run half off sales on off the shelf stuff like shadow boxes as well as custom framing. Might be worth a look for you. I had a frame job done recently on a print about the size of that Derrick Thomas Moore print you've got there...really nice black and red frame, double matte, for about $120.00.

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
Bought them from one of the former players on the team. You would be surprised by how many of the players sell their Championship Rings and especially some of the bigger names that have sold theirs. I am sure they will regret it once they are older but they are young now and think nothing of it.
May I ask you where you buy game used helmets or jerseys? I'm sure they're very expensive but I'd love to have one.

bama0037

Mar 3, 2005
May I ask you where you buy game used helmets or jerseys? I'm sure they're very expensive but I'd love to have one.

RollTideAuctions has quite a few but they are high sometimes, other than that I have gotten several from former players and other contacts I have made over the years. You can also catch several on ebay if you watch out for them.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I know I would never do that. We won back to back state softball championships, and the rings are the best part. :)

CrimsonSnake

3rd Team
Aug 21, 2002
Huntsville, ALABAMA, USA
Cadillac - I've been really satisfied with the framing services at Hobby Lobby. If you catch them at the right time, they also run half off sales on off the shelf stuff like shadow boxes as well as custom framing. Might be worth a look for you. I had a frame job done recently on a print about the size of that Derrick Thomas Moore print you've got there...really nice black and red frame, double matte, for about $120.00.
If you're anywhere near Huntsville there is a guy here that does a fantastic job framing, don't know about jerseys. I had 2 Daniel Moore full sized prints framed, double matted, the works: both for $140.00. He works thru the local art league, and that's how he charges so little, but does a primo job.

I've also had a few other items framed by the same guy, including tickets and photos and all are great.

Last edited:

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
My room is still a work in progress, but here are several pics to show where I am currently...I hope to be finished by the fall. I have a friend who does custom shadow boxes for me, so he builds what I ask for and they are great. I also know someone who makes "fatheads" (for lack of a better term) for me...I have an Ingram and Richardson one that I don't have pics of yet. I haveone wall that I am re-doing to have helmets displayed with museum-type displays...I hope to be finished with that wall by next month.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.