Asking For Recommendations For My Alabama Room

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Through the years I've seen many of you post pictures of your Bama rooms here on Tide Fans. I've seen some great looking rooms with Alabama football memorabilia posted here. I wanted to ask those of you who have Bama rooms if you will post some pictures of your rooms. In the next couple of months I will be painting a large downstairs den and hanging my Alabama football prints and autographed pictures on the wall. I've also got many autographed helmets and footballs I'm going to display.

The biggest thing I am trying to figure out with my den is what color to paint the walls. I've been leaning toward painting the wall crimson, but I'm not sure how it will look. The last thing I want to do is paint a huge den and not be happy with it after I'm done painting. I want to do something with my room that is mind blowing.

For those of you who have Bama rooms, I would like any advise you can give me, but I would like to see pictures more than anything to give me ideas on how to design my Alabama room.

Thanks in advance for your help!

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Home Depot used to have the official colors.
Takes a lot of coats, but well worth it by the time you get done.
I've shared my photos before, but here's a few more.
If anybody has any suggestions for good frame shops in the Birmingham area, please let me know. I've also got a ton of jerseys I've got to get shadowboxed, too.. Suggestions would be grand.
RTR

tide rider

3rd Team
Oct 17, 2007
Painting your room crimson will make a big impact but it might be too much especially for a man. I talked my husband into letting me paint a room crimson and it was pretty but it can be overbearing if you don't like it. Some people paint one wall a color or put chair rail molding up and paint the upper or lower portion only that way you can have the crimson without the solid crimson walls. However, saying all that, I would love it - just my opinion.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
I went with gray so that the crimson items stand out or as some people say "POP". If you paint crimson that starts to limit you with accessories because matching reds is hard. That leaves you with white and gray. White will as everybody knows gets dirty. If you do go with a crimson on the wall be sure and prime with gray. Reds cover better with a gray for a primer. Best of luck to you, and really you can't go wrong with whatever you do..... because hey it's an ALABAMA room. Roll Tide !!!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I went with gray so that the crimson items stand out or as some people say "POP". If you paint crimson that starts to limit you with accessories because matching reds is hard. That leaves you with white and gray. White will as everybody knows gets dirty. If you do go with a crimson on the wall be sure and prime with gray. Reds cover better with a gray for a primer. Best of luck to you, and really you can't go wrong with whatever you do..... because hey it's an ALABAMA room. Roll Tide !!!
You bring up a great point. I think crimson on gray walls will give things more pop and this is what I'm looking for.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Painting your room crimson will make a big impact but it might be too much especially for a man. I talked my husband into letting me paint a room crimson and it was pretty but it can be overbearing if you don't like it. Some people paint one wall a color or put chair rail molding up and paint the upper or lower portion only that way you can have the crimson without the solid crimson walls. However, saying all that, I would love it - just my opinion.
This is what I'm afraid of, crimson walls, prints and pictures with a lot of crimson in them along with crimson helmets being too much or overbearing. The room is about 15 ft. wide x 35 ft. long. I'm considering painting the two 15 ft. walls which are opposite one another crimson and painting the two 35 ft. walls gray.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I have just finished painting my bar. We have 3 walls painted in gray (elephant gray) and one wall in crimson. We have found that pictures, posters or signs actually stand out more on the grey since they are normally crimson colored or have a crimson background. The crimson wall is behind the bar where I have my overhead cabinets, glasses, etc. Looks pretty good to me and there isn't too much "red" in the room.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Home Depot used to have the official colors.
Takes a lot of coats, but well worth it by the time you get done.
I've shared my photos before, but here's a few more.
If anybody has any suggestions for good frame shops in the Birmingham area, please let me know. I've also got a ton of jerseys I've got to get shadowboxed, too.. Suggestions would be grand.
RTR

GREAT ROOM...
I like the White jersey stripes on the walls; they break up the Crimson, and brighten the room.
Not to mention that the jersey stripes make the room more masculine.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We recently did my son's room in Elephant Gray as well. It looks great with his Mark Ingram Bama fathead and his growing collection of Bama prints and merchandise. We have one crimson room in our house and I am over the dark, saturated color (only on the walls of course) and it's soon going to be painted a nice shade of gray. If you can deal with a saturated color, then go with Crimson. I LOVE what 37bamagreats55 did with the white stripe. BEST Bama room paint I have seen!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I would love to see some pictures for those of you that can help me out with this. I just want to get a sense of what the colors look like.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Thanks for all the compliments, y'all.
The Crimson isn't too terribly overbearing - and the white stripe I used definitely helped out with that....
I thought it might be, but after seeing it - I think it works. After all, the ceiling and trim is white too and I have a light-colored carpet.
I'll try to post a few more pictures here soon.
RTR and I'd like to see some of y'alls rooms and the OP wants those too.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Tried to make a quick video of my 'Bama room for you guys to see ---
sory about the quality - it's my first video.
Maybe give you some ideas about things you want to do.
RTR

bama0037

Mar 3, 2005
Here are a few pics of my stuff....I went with Crimson on the back wall only.....definitely don't want to paint the rest of the room Crimson for sure.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Here is the beginning of my 8 year old son's room with the gray walls. We are adding some signed photographs, paintings, newspaper front pages from the 2009 and 2011 NCG, etc. Of course, his favorite thing is the Mark Ingram fathead!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
AWESOME video and pictures!!!

37bamagreats55 and bama0037, your rooms are very, very impressive. It's easy to see that both of you have put considerable time and $$$ into your rooms.

37bamagreats55, thanks for posting video of your room. The crimson is not overbearing at all. I think the white stripe makes a big difference along with the light colored carpet and the white ceiling.

Two questions:

37bamagreats55, do you remember where you got the houndstooth light switch plates?

bama0037, where did you get the cabinet with the Alabama helmets? It looks like it was made for the helmets. I also love the look of the full size helmets around your tv. Nice!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
bamabelle1991, I like the gray walls in your sons room. One of the things I've been considering is painting two walls crimson and the two larger walls gray, this shade of gray. Your 8 year old has a nice set up.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
BB,

I still can't post pictures on here for some reason, I'm not authorized (being worked on) but if I can I'll take some pictures and send to you via PM and you can post. I'm not completely finished, I have to have one wall for Packers/Badgers since the wife is from Wisconsin so there is some space left which I think I'll put a fathead of Big Al (grandkids love BA).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.