Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama @ Home vs. The Barn****

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Eblen passing up that shot makes me just shake my head...he has 2 points in the last 12 SEC games... I know he is a good defender, but he is such a liability on offense it hurts..
To be fair so is Carl and Moussa. For whatever reason people think Eblen should be a scrorer.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think he should be a scorer but Eblen flat out doesn't even look for offensive opportunities. If they don't cover you, I won't fault him for taking a jumper or stepping in and trying mid-range shot. Engstrom and Gauye at least make some offensive putbacks to make guys respect their ability on the boards. Eblen gives us solid defense but he's a liability offensively.

Like I said at the top, if he's taking good shots and missing...I can live with it because he's getting great opportunities but passing them up.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
To be fair so is Carl and Moussa. For whatever reason people think Eblen should be a scrorer.
Carl can beat you with his passing off the pick and roll, or the high screen though...so he makes up for it. Eblen has done a GREAT job during this stretch on Sullivan, but when you can automatically leave a guy to double Green down low because you know Eblen isn't going to SHOT it kils the half court offense. If Grant thinks that his job on Sullivan out weighs the liability, then by all means do what will win...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The free throw differential is indicative of how "foully" Auburn has been not some fix because Alabama has had plenty of fouls on them not called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.