Recruiting Junkie...

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Need a fix....seems quiet out there. Anybody have any info for us needy recruiting junkies? I'd even settle for conjecture at this point!!!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It's kind of a slow time until the summer camps. We are being very selective and we've already gotten a good # of commits. The only big news is where Foster is moving to and if he's eligible to play. RN is going to be fun to watch as is the QB from Washington since we just got Nussmeier (sp?). I think we're done at RB unless it's an athlete that could play other positions too. We need another OL or two, some DL, and a QB. Unless the big names we are pursuing decide to commit early, I doubt we see too many additions until the season is underway.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
A-Day weekend is one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year for Alabama. You can usually expect several commitments during that weekend, and tons of recruiting updates as it basically serves as a third Junior Day. It also starts to kick-off the recruitment of the 2014 class.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
A-Day weekend is one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year for Alabama. You can usually expect several commitments during that weekend, and tons of recruiting updates as it basically serves as a third Junior Day. It also starts to kick-off the recruitment of the 2014 class.
Thats true. I forgot about A-Day. With limited numbers, I wouldn't expect too many more early commits until summer (barring someone like RN wanting to commit) because our staff likes to get these guys in camp and see them in person. Plus, I don't think there are that many kids with fully "commitable" offers (until summer camps at least). But, A-Day should be a good place to gain ground or make a serious impression. You know if we have a trophy ceremony or something planned for that day?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thats true. I forgot about A-Day. With limited numbers, I wouldn't expect too many more early commits until summer (barring someone like RN wanting to commit) because our staff likes to get these guys in camp and see them in person. Plus, I don't think there are that many kids with fully "commitable" offers (until summer camps at least).
I'm curious as to how many guys the coaches really have to see at camp, now. Most of the big name recruits have been to Bama camps at least once. I'm sure the coaches want to see some but know about most of them.
But, A-Day should be a good place to gain ground or make a serious impression. You know if we have a trophy ceremony or something planned for that day?
I doubt it since there was the championship celebration a few weeks after the BCS game.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
You've got to calm down amigo, you'll never make it to NSD :biggrin:

In all seriousness, though, I would expect things to be relatively quiet anyway. We've already taken on a lot of commitments so far and it's still a very long time to NSD. Obviously we'll add more and like past years we should be largely wrapped up by the time January rolls around, but even so most of the commitments will probably be relatively few and far between.

You've got to figure, we've got ten months to fill at absolute most sixteen spots, with probably one or two spots not being filled until the last minute (NSD). And that assumes we sign the full 25, which I don't think we will in this class.

jsanderson

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2007
Did the board ever get fixed since I can't get into any other threads. And could we do away with the mobile site? I hate it so much compared to the full site on my phone, it won't let me switch to the full board for some reason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.