The Trayvon Martin Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Solid point - I understand why the media got involved when they did, but there is now a legit investigation taking place. At this point, the media is only hurting the local community, and just keep regurgitating the same information every day. But if this is being orchestrated by the left (which you didn't say, but the post suggests), why are people like Rush and Hannity still talking about it?
SimplyTide, there is a difference between covering a story and exploiting a story. But, I am pretty sure you know that. :cool2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Race-baiter Roland Martin, who was recently suspended from CNN for his own hatemongering Tweets (see, I can play, too), has weighed in and demonstrates he's a complete tool:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/opinion/roland-martin-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I especially like this part:

I don't want to hear the nonsense to let the system run its course. Others say, "Let's not do anything until all of the facts are in."

Let's cut to the chase: There would be no special prosecutor had thousands across the national not mobilized, organized and took to the streets to demand justice for Trayvon

END

You know, nothing gets in the way of a manufactured protest like "facts."

Let me rewrite it to reflect reality:

I don't want to hear the nonsense to let the system run its course because I know more about this case than those who are actually involved with it. Others - unlike history's well-known crap stirrer Al Sharpton - say, "Let's not do anything until all of the facts are in."

Let's cut to the chase: There would be no special prosecutor had thousands across the national not mobilized, organized and took to the streets to demand justice for Trayvon despite the fact not a single one of them knows the facts and would react by appealing to the very same "wait for the facts" mantra they now reject if it involved them or someone they knew.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
There are actually many many innocents killed in what you cavalierly refer to "one drug dealer kills another drug dealer". They get basically ignored by the usual activists (including Obama) because it is not politically useful.

But, you knew that, already.
That was not a caviler statement and I'm not sure why you feel the need to characterize it that way. It was a true statement.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
That was not a caviler statement and I'm not sure why you feel the need to characterize it that way. It was a true statement.
Cavalier: 1. Showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive.

Your response was to a post regarding black on black crime. You dismiss it as a drug dealers killing another drug dealer. That is the very definition of cavalier, if not outright racist.

Spin it however you will.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Cavalier: 1. Showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive.

Your response was to a post regarding black on black crime. You dismiss it as a drug dealers killing another drug dealer. That is the very definition of cavalier, if not outright racist.

Spin it however you will.
I didn't dismiss it. I simply defined it while responding to another post.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Yes, and defining it as such effectively dismisses it.

The fact is, it goes well beyond your narrow definition, with a lot of innocent victims being dismissed.

SimplyTide

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
SimplyTide, there is a difference between covering a story and exploiting a story. But, I am pretty sure you know that. :cool2:
To clarify, do you believe that Fox, Rush and Hannity are just "covering" this story?

Last edited:

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
To clarify, do you believe that Fox, Rush and Hannity are just "covering" this story?
To clarify, exploiting in my opinion is anybody giving face (or talk) time to Jesse and Al. Sorry to disappoint but, not a big fan of Hannity, and haven't watched that much coverage of the story on Fox to say if they have interviewed either - if they have then yes that includes them. Pretty sure neither Jesse nor Al have been interviewed by Rush.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think it would be best for everyone involved here - take a step back, breathe, ok.

I didn't take the drug dealer comment as racist. It's a reality sometimes. Not picking sides but one of my favorite things here is we can still be civil (the real kind, not the Obama kind) and disagree.

I'm still keeping an open mind at thus point.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
So according to you all black on black crime is just drug dealers killing other drug dealers. That's a pretty simple way to look at what really goes on. Are there are no innocent bystanders who ever get killed? Are there never any four year old kids who accidently get shot by drive by shootings?

It's pretty interesting to see someone with you point of view to make such a general statement like this. How many times have I read someone say something about Muslims or illegals and someone with your point of view posts that not all Muslims or hispanics are like that or are illegal? Though I'm sure you'll have a perfectly good reason to put all victims of black on black crime into the same category.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
So according to you all black on black crime is just drug dealers killing other drug dealers. That's a pretty simple way to look at what really goes on. Are there are no innocent bystanders who ever get killed? Are there never any four year old kids who accidently get shot by drive by shootings?

It's pretty interesting to see someone with you point of view to make such a general statement like this. How many times have I read someone say something about Muslims or illegals and someone with your point of view posts that not all Muslims or hispanics are like that or are illegal? Though I'm sure you'll have a perfectly good reason to put all victims of black on black crime into the same category.
NO, I never said that or implied that but nice try. :rolleyes:

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
Ive been thinking about this case and resisting the urge to post for fear of getting wrapped up in the hoopla. But this is the conclusion I came up with in the shower this morning.

If you strip away race from this whole argument, what it really comes down to in my mind is whether or not it is within the law to shoot someone if you are in a fight with them. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watchman, not an office of the law. It was his job to look out for suspicious behavior. I dont know the make up of this neighborhood, but I can tell you that in my neighborhood, if I see a figure in a hooded sweatshirt walking around after dark, ducking through alley ways and walking in between houses, that is suspicious. So for Zimmerman to following the kid, thats ok in my book. For Martin to run and then eventually confront this guy following him...that wasnt the way to handle it either. But he was a kid, so I give him a pass. If Martin initiated the fight, or whatever, well thats just not good at all either. But at what point can someone pull a gun during a fight and say "I thought he was going to kill me." Where does the law fall in that equation?

I think it should be heard by a grand jury and just see what the evidence points to.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ive been thinking about this case and resisting the urge to post for fear of getting wrapped up in the hoopla. But this is the conclusion I came up with in the shower this morning.

If you strip away race from this whole argument, what it really comes down to in my mind is whether or not it is within the law to shoot someone if you are in a fight with them. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watchman, not an office of the law. It was his job to look out for suspicious behavior. I dont know the make up of this neighborhood, but I can tell you that in my neighborhood, if I see a figure in a hooded sweatshirt walking around after dark, ducking through alley ways and walking in between houses, that is suspicious. So for Zimmerman to following the kid, thats ok in my book. For Martin to run and then eventually confront this guy following him...that wasnt the way to handle it either. But he was a kid, so I give him a pass. If Martin initiated the fight, or whatever, well thats just not good at all either. But at what point can someone pull a gun during a fight and say "I thought he was going to kill me." Where does the law fall in that equation?

I think it should be heard by a grand jury and just see what the evidence points to.
Just an FYI...read the Florida law that applies in this case...question answered.
LINK

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
Better yet - how many were killed by another black?
Society is fine looking the other way if one drug dealer kills another drug dealer but tends to take notice if some kid is coming home with Skittles and an iced tea and gets shot while hurting no one and minding his own business.
Selma's quote is the post you responded to. All you say is drug dealer killing drug dealer, so how are you not saying that all black on black killings aren't that. He simply asks a question and the only thing you talk about is drug dealers. :rolleyes:

This happens all of the time and the first thing people on the left do is say you can't put all people in that category yet that is exactly what you did. Every time something is said about Muslims, posters on the left post "not all Muslims are like that". You can't have it both ways.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Selma's quote is the post you responded to. All you say is drug dealer killing drug dealer, so how are you not saying that all black on black killings aren't that. He simply asks a question and the only thing you talk about is drug dealers. :rolleyes:

This happens all of the time and the first thing people on the left do is say you can't put all people in that category yet that is exactly what you did. Every time something is said about Muslims, posters on the left post "not all Muslims are like that". You can't have it both ways.
You are having a comprehension problem. I NEVER said ALL is drug related. If you live in a large city, whether its Balto., Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, etc., a significant amount is drug related and that is why we dont hear much about it. I'll stick by that statement.
What does make news is when it appears that 'innocents' are victims.

Ok getting back to the case, the fact of the matter is, do what the 911 says and we don't have this discussion. Do what the watch, THE WATCH is suppose to do we don't have this discussion. Don't get of the car or truck to "check what street you are on" we don't have this discussion. Nothing about race should be applied, just pure common sense would tell you what to and what not to do. Clearly the young cat was scared. I would have been too. I'm just trying to find out where all the blood from his head wound and nosebleed went to. Unless it went home and took a shower then was placed in handcuffs before going downtown is allowed in Sanford I don't think his account actually happened.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
Better yet - how many were killed by another black?
Society is fine looking the other way if one drug dealer kills another drug dealer but tends to take notice if some kid is coming home with Skittles and an iced tea and gets shot while hurting no one and minding his own business.
You are having a comprehension problem. I NEVER said ALL is drug related. If you live in a large city, whether its Balto., Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, etc., a significant amount is drug related and that is why we dont hear much about it. I'll stick by that statement.
What does make news is when it appears that 'innocents' are victims.
You never said all but that is all you brought up. I don't think Selma was talking about drug dealers when he asked his question but that was a nice deflection by you. What do you call a four year old who gets caught up in a drug deal gone bad or in the middle of a drive by shooting? They are innocent victims yet they never get any attention much less addressed by the President. Stand by it all you like but you are showing your colors.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You never said all but that is all you brought up. I don't think Selma was talking about drug dealers when he asked his question but that was a nice deflection by you. What do you call a four year old who gets caught up in a drug deal gone bad or in the middle of a drive by shooting? They are innocent victims yet they never get any attention much less addressed by the President. Stand by it all you like but you are showing your colors.
I call that an innocent victim and they DO get attention.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
I call that an innocent victim and they DO get attention.
When was the last time you heard the President address any of them? You haven't because they don't get the attention this is getting and you know it. Please stop trying to play your silly games because you know this is all hyped up. If Zimmerman had been black we would have never heard of Martin. If Zimmerman had been black and Martin white this wouldn't have gotten out of Sanford. If Zimmerman had been black and Martin would have been robbing a house we would have never heard of any of this. It is the race game and gun control rolled into one little case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.