Question: Tire Life

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
We don't seem to be having much luck with our tires after about 5 years. We have a 35' diesel pusher and use Michelin tires.They start to dry rot and blow out between 5-6 years. we purchased tire covers 2 years ago for our latest set. We keep it in a pole barn (no sides).

Do any of you have regular schedule for changing your tires? We also run100# of tire pressure. Should I not expect to go any longer than this on a set of tires? I bought this rig new in 1997 and have had 2 other motorhomes both gas rigs.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Improper maintenance on your part. Dry rot is UV rays and lack of use. They make plenty of long-term tire treatments for rigs.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
I could ask Crash up to the tire place. It's been about 7-8 years and 150,000+ between now and the last set on the H8H. It goes by his place before every trip.

Armour All? Son of a Gun???

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.