More trouble @ ut? Say is ain't so!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rumors swirling that Da'Rick Rogers has openly disobeyed CDD and is basically daring him to kick him off the team, nothing happening from CDD yet.

I fully expect an ice-cream cone comment any time now.

It's truly comical what's happening up there...

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
If this is true, it is a sign that the end is near. The mere fact that there is a delayed response from CDD is not a good thing. I can't way to hear how the sports talk show UT homers here in Chattanooga spin this one.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Saw a blurb on Nashville TV last night, Dooley said it was being handled internally and Rogers had to do certain things to get back. Coach speak. Rogers is gone and IMO Dooley will be too after this season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Saw a blurb on Nashville TV last night, Dooley said it was being handled internally and Rogers had to do certain things to get back. Coach speak. Rogers is gone and IMO Dooley will be too after this season.
I think this was too much of an overhaul job for Dooley at this stage in his coaching career. I respect his coaching abilities because he was able to stay on a Coach Saban staff for seven years. So I know the guy knows his stuff. But either he's not head coach material or this was a bit over his head at this stage in his career.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think this was too much of a overhaul job for Dooley at this stage in his coaching career. I respect his coaching abilities because he was able to stay on a Coach Saban staff for seven years. So I know the guy knows his stuff. But either he's not head coach material or this was a bit over his head at this stage in his career.
I think you are right BB, the whole Fulmer didn't recruit well and most of Kiffins best signees left or never made it to Knoxville left Dooley in a deep hole. Compound that with the attitudes of Rogers and Bray and it is a formula for losing control of a team. Most UT fans I know have resigned themselves to another losing season and there ain't much happiness on Rocky Top these days.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/mar/29/embattled-rogers-in-battle-again/

"That was the policy earlier this week as well when Dooley declined to address a two-week ban from offseason activities for Rogers for conduct detrimental to the team, which multiple sources confirmed was a physical threat to a strength coach."

Just, wow.

Coach Cochran would rip that kid in half just by yelling at him...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
CDD is doing an amazing job at UT - they just need to give him time to clean things up. Say, 8-10 more years ought to do it. UT fans just need patience.

:biggrin:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Here's a article saying that he maybe transferring to Georgia State.
http://georgiastate.scout.com/2/1172473.html
Who says Bill Curry can't recruit!!! I just hope he doesn't make him move to another position, thus turning him into a cocaine addict.

I lived in Knoxville 1994-2002. That was during the Peyton years and the Fulmer heydey. I really wish I still lived there to hear the talk shows these days.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yep
TritanVol writes:
I need to watch some Youtube clips of the 90's teams to get this negative vibe out of me. We are cursed, I'm sure of it now. Nothing seems to be going right for our football program anymore, very dis-heartening.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It couldn't happen to a better team. I imagine Thunder Thornton is chomping down anxiety pills by the dozen!! It's wonderful just listening to the sports talk shows here in Orangeland trying to explain/describe the 'team'.

As a Saban disciple I'm really surprised Dooley isn't a disciplinarian like his mentor. Discipline starts at the top and it's obviously MIA on Rocky Flop

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.