Jordan Jenkins "wasn't feeling" Alabama at the end

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Interesting Q&A with whom the AJC describes the big fish that got away from Alabama and jumped in Georgia's boat.

Highlights.

He and his family loved Kirby Smart but wondered how long he would be here.

Never built a warm relationship with CNS, whom he describes as a quiet guy who's far more outgoing in a bigger group than he is one on one.

His mother's comments on wanting him to go "somewhere safe" stemmed from her desire to know all the coaches. She did not get that in Tuscaloosa but did in Athens.

Kid says nice things but in the end felt a stronger pull to UGA.

More here.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
When coach Gene Chizik was comparing Auburn and Alabama, he put up a slide that showed they had more wins, more this and that …
I would be very interested in seeing this slide. I wonder if there's an asterisk that says "only in leap years that Halley's Comet is going away from Earth" or something ridiculous like that.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
While interesting, especially the part about Chizik sounding stupid, Carvell is what he is. This is yet another pro-UGA, please-Bama-quit-coming-over-here-and-cherry-picking piece. I guess he's not yet figured out that writing these kind of articles have not stopped kids from the state of Georgia from committing to Alabama.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
BH,

Some of the questions are a bit leading, but it is a Georgia newspaper catering to a majority UGA readership.

On the other hand, I like young Mr. Jenkins' answers, which I found thoughtful and revealing. In the end, we offered chocolate ice cream. He wanted vanilla.

The Auburn stuff was certainly weird. Whoops, there I go being redundant again.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I don't mind a kid going to another school, I know we can't get 'em all. But one thing I've always taken exception with is when parents or players are worried about committing to a school because of assistant coaches.

I guess everyone has a reason why they commit/don't commit to a certain school, but worrying about whether or not an assistant coach will still be there in 4 years would be pretty low on my list.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't mind a kid going to another school, I know we can't get 'em all. But one thing I've always taken exception with is when parents or players are worried about committing to a school because of assistant coaches.

I guess everyone has a reason why they commit/don't commit to a certain school, but worrying about whether or not an assistant coach will still be there in 4 years would be pretty low on my list.
It's a perfect example of players committing to a coach, not the school.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I wish him the best. I can't blame him if the importance of a position coach and coordinator staying for his entire career weighed heavily on his decision. Alabama's success is going to allow coaches to get promotions elsewhere. That being said, the AJC, and Carvell in particular, continues to troll the Alabama fanbase for hits. However, in this case it was interesting to see the mentality of the Auburn coaches. It seems Jordan Jenkins saw right through it. How could he present that "graph" with a straight face? Or try claiming himself as Will Muschamp's "mentor"?

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma

Considering the extreme heat under the seat of Richt & his entire staff, I would be less worried about if/when Kirby Smart leaves than who takes over when all the coaches are fired at Georgia following one lackluster year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Considering the extreme heat under the seat of Richt & his entire staff, I would be less worried about if/when Kirby Smart leaves than who takes over when all the coaches are fired at Georgia following one lackluster year.
We've been saying that Richt's seat is hot for years. I'm not sure it will ever be as hot as most of think it is/should.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
We've been saying that Richt's seat is hot for years. I'm not sure it will ever be as hot as most of think it is/should.
For all the resources a job like Georgia has, the administration and fanbase is easily satisfied. Afterall, it's a program that employed Ray Goff for 7 years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
it is an Atlanta paper, which is in Georgia...
Since when is it ok for any state media to be biased to a state school? The ethics of journalism (and yes, I'm aware ethics in journalism can be questioned) says a journalist and/or media organization should not be biased but tell the truth. In regards to recruits and Alabama, AJC goes out of its way to make Alabama look bad.
Methinks that CrimsonProf's post was sarcastic. ;)
That post wasn't sarcastic. He's serious about it being a shame.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I wish him the best. I can't blame him if the importance of a position coach and coordinator staying for his entire career weighed heavily on his decision. Alabama's success is going to allow coaches to get promotions elsewhere. That being said, the AJC, and Carvell in particular, continues to troll the Alabama fanbase for hits. However, in this case it was interesting to see the mentality of the Auburn coaches. It seems Jordan Jenkins saw right through it. How could he present that "graph" with a straight face? Or try claiming himself as Will Muschamp's "mentor"?
But that's up in the air no matter where you go. Rarely will a position coach stay at a school for 4 years. Just a strange reason IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.