Link: Bama signee Dalvin Tomlinson 'significantly' injures knee playing soccer

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I saw it on FB from a friend back during the World Cup. Do a search on it and you'll get tons of results.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I, for one, am a soccer fan, but If I was 6-2, 280 and had a full scholarship waiting for you based on how you play the "other" football, I don't think I'd be touching a soccer ball.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I, for one, am a soccer fan, but If I was 6-2, 280 and had a full scholarship waiting for you based on how you play the "other" football, I don't think I'd be touching a soccer ball.
That`s what I`ll NEVER understand. Same thing with pick up b`ball. Guess it just shows that wisdom really does come with age!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Love the Twilight/soccer comparison but also love the Twilight series. *hides under table*
Hate Soccer. Everyday, everyway. Hate Soccer.

I agree that DT maybe should have skipped his senior season on the soccer team in favor of his scholarship to Bama.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Love the Twilight/soccer comparison but also love the Twilight series. *hides under table*
Hate Soccer. Everyday, everyway. Hate Soccer.

I agree that DT maybe should have skipped his senior season on the soccer team in favor of his scholarship to Bama.
I wonder if anyone at Bama suggested this to him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I wonder if anyone at Bama suggested this to him.
I guess what`s so frustrating with situations like this is that you`d think common sense would prevail. Then again, when I was 18 or so I`m sure I wasn`t overly endowed with that particular attribute either. The "Immortality syndrome of youth", I suppose. That`s why they do so well in fighter planes and assaulting beaches!

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
You can't stop competitors from competing. He's more than likely one of their better players and would be put under significant pressure by teammates and friends to keep playing...

I wonder how many of our players play on intramural teams, which makes FAR less sense to me than playing another HS sport.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
You can't stop competitors from competing.
That's basically it. Most of upper echelon players like him are highly driven, Type A personalities that want to compete at everything. Lots of these guys play sports year around. They just go straight from football to basketball to baseball to track, etc.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
part of what I've liked about Tomlinson since he commited was his pure athleticism that he shows in having success in multiple sports. accidents happen when you play sports no reason to debate whether this kid should have wrapped himself in bubble wrap placed himself in cold storage until the fall. High school athletes play high school sports.

hopefully he recovers quick and can compete in the fall.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Soccer is great second sport to play I love what it does for the foot work, eye feet coronation, conditioning etc.

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
with all of the depth being brought in with this new class, is Tomlinson in the mix for playing time? Is he healed up?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.