Mo Claiborne Notched a FOUR on the Wonderlic

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We have banned LSU fans from even posting on this site and now I can't laugh at him for nailing a 4 on the Wonderlic? Dude, Claiborne is about to be a multi-millionaire with one autograph here in a month or so and if he has sense enough to listen to the right people will have secured his financial future before he turns 23.

Homeboy will have the last laugh. All I ask is let me have this one. Carry on...
There are plenty of well documented athletes that have gone through 20 times the amount "C" will receive with this new pay structure that's capped. So your comment is certainly not an end all to any discussion.

Very few are making personal comments about Claiborne/Homeboy. His score raised topic(s) that are not exclusive to him at all.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
20 years ago, but not today. Play's the biggest role and will guarantee you a first round pick unless you have a huge red flag, but where in the 1st round is where other factors come into play. Otherwise they wouldn't have all the background checks, interviews with family members and coaches, and these questionable IQ tests.

The new pay structure helps ease a little of the tension that millions of dollars on a gambling table can bring.
he'll be a top draft pick, regardless of the score on the wonderlik test. they're drafting him as a cover corner, not a brain surgeon.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
There are plenty of well documented athletes that have gone through 20 times the amount "C" will receive with this new pay structure that's capped. So your comment is certainly not an end all to any discussion.

Very few are making personal comments about Claiborne/Homeboy. His score raised topic(s) that are not exclusive to him at all.
Yes, I've learned a lot from the discussion.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
he'll be a top draft pick, regardless of the score on the wonderlik test. they're drafting him as a cover corner, not a brain surgeon.
Remember a former number one draft pick by the Raiders. Jamarcus Russell. I dont recall his Wonderlic. But look where he is nowhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JaMarcus_Russell

Just shows you no matter what talents god may have given you-unless you use the grey matter you could be the next poster boy for Dank.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Athletes in Division 1 today, yes even Alabama, have IEP's (Individualized Education Program). This allows for student/athlete's who are less than "prepared for college" to have accommodations made towards their work and classes. Agree or disagree, but in today's PC world, we have the little league mentality of "everyone should play", ie. No Child Left Behind, even in our college classrooms...

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Re: Mo Claibornce Notched a FOUR on the Wonderlic

I really, really hope he takes care of his money......a 4?:eek2:

all joking aside, I do too. I hope that whomever he trusts to take care of his finances is smart, honest, and has Mo's best interests in mind. I wish that for ALL these guys who come from nothing and suddenly handed $10MIL+

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Remember a former number one draft pick by the Raiders. Jamarcus Russell. I dont recall his Wonderlic. But look where he is nowhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JaMarcus_Russell

Just shows you no matter what talents god may have given you-unless you use the grey matter you could be the next poster boy for Dank.
I remember that it was low enough to draw comment. I don't think it was single digits...

Bama_Dawg

1st Team
May 17, 2005
Athletes in Division 1 today, yes even Alabama, have IEP's (Individualized Education Program). This allows for student/athlete's who are less than "prepared for college" to have accommodations made towards their work and classes. Agree or disagree, but in today's PC world, we have the little league mentality of "everyone should play", ie. No Child Left Behind, even in our college classrooms...
Wrong bogeyman, I'm afraid. That we give many of these kids a "pass" on academics has little to do with political correctness. It's because they generate millions of dollars for their respective universities, and so long as they're just "students", they never have to be compensated.

Heck, a guy breaks his neck covering a kickoff and he can't even file for workers comp.

Nice racket if you can get it.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I know! ;)

Oh well, we've had about as much fun at the expense of that 4 as we can have. Hopefully, he manages to have a long career and he gets the last laugh.
You did bring up a great point about the lack of laughter at others, which I believe is from fear.

For instance this morning I was watching a show about a charter flight of poor pilgrims who had never flown before heading to mecca from Ethiopia. To hit home these individuals newness to flight, they mentioned how a group of them that sat down in the isle and started a full blown barbecue before being told it was against flight rules. I thought it was a hilarious vision but they presented it as if it was some sort of religious practice, very dry and overly protective. It could have been presented with humor and respectfulness but they opted not to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.