Recruiting Update: Devonta Pollard and Gavin Ware

TideAlum

1st Team
Jun 29, 2007
He needs to hurry it up. Only a week and a half left.
He actually doesn't have to sign, at all. He could always wait until time to register for classes and then contact our staff. I'm sure they would still have a scholarship to give him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw where LSWHO just signed a 6'8" JUCO PF. Does this effect Pollard's decision or does this mean LSU knows Pollard is not going to sign with them?

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
anyone know a latest and greatest on Pollard?
Probably not going to make a decision until after signing day. Something about being on a school trip. Yesterday an in the know poster on another board said that Pollard hasn't told Bama "no". He's really confident that we will get Pollard.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Probably not going to make a decision until after signing day. Something about being on a school trip. Yesterday an in the know poster on another board said that Pollard hasn't told Bama "no". He's really confident that we will get Pollard.
I thought the NCAA had a time frame for the signing period. How can he go past the May 16 deadline?

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I thought the NCAA had a time frame for the signing period. How can he go past the May 16 deadline?
He doesn't sign a letter of intent. He'll simply agree to a scholarship with the school and starts school. I think Retin and Carl both came on board after signing.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Just my 2 cents, Pollard cannot seem to make up his mind...this tells me that there may be a problem with this kid (academics, homesickness, character issues or something) and we may want to leave him alone no matter how good he is unless it is something personal like a family issue. It has been a long time since I have seen someone with his ability wait this long.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Just my 2 cents, Pollard cannot seem to make up his mind...this tells me that there may be a problem with this kid (academics, homesickness, character issues or something) and we may want to leave him alone no matter how good he is unless it is something personal like a family issue. It has been a long time since I have seen someone with his ability wait this long.
Trevor Lacey went down to the wire last year and 2-4 other well known players made their decisions last week. Again, this is not uncommon. It's just that Bama is not typically involved with those players. If he waits until july/august then that is a different scenario.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
That's pretty unfair. Why would you assume that just because he hasn't picked a place yet? He's not required to. It's not a law. I didn't decide where I was going to college until the July after I graduated high school.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
That's pretty unfair. Why would you assume that just because he hasn't picked a place yet? He's not required to. It's not a law. I didn't decide where I was going to college until the July after I graduated high school.
Just my opinion based on my coaching experience and watching the majority of prospects over the years...again just an opinion.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You were just holding out to see if Trooper would show up with an envelope :)

TideAlum

1st Team
Jun 29, 2007
Devonta will announce this Friday (June 1st) his college choice from his high school at 5 p.m. Central Time.

For those of you who were engaging in wild speculation about his character, academics, or intentions, a reminder: His announcement is a whole two weeks later than Trevor Lacey announced. Calm down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.