Madden 2013 (vote for Cam!!!)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The cover for the next Madden is up for grabs right now. In the final 8 for consideration are Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Patrick Willis, Calvin Johnson, Victor Cruz, Larry Fitzgerald, Rob Gronkowski, and Ray Rice. All of these candidates are more than deserving of the honor of cover girl, but I think I can speak for all of Bama nation when I say the person we want to see is Cam Newton. Think of all the illustrious names that have had the honor of cover girl for Madden, and then think of the corresponding seasons following in which they fell of the map. Think of Vince Young, Peyton Hilllis, Brett Favre, and all the others who have been bitten by the Madden curse. So Bama fans, let us pull together, and as sickening as it will be to look at that cover for the rest of our lives, let's do away with Cam for good by inflicting the ever present "Madden curse" upon another unfortunate athlete. :wink:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The cover for the next Madden is up for grabs right now. In the final 8 for consideration are Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Patrick Willis, Calvin Johnson, Victor Cruz, Larry Fitzgerald, Rob Gronkowski, and Ray Rice. All of these candidates are more than deserving of the honor of cover girl, but I think I can speak for all of Bama nation when I say the person we want to see is Cam Newton. Think of all the illustrious names that have had the honor of cover girl for Madden, and then think of the corresponding seasons following in which they fell of the map. Think of Vince Young, Peyton Hilllis, Brett Favre, and all the others who have been bitten by the Madden curse. So Bama fans, let us pull together, and as sickening as it will be to look at that cover for the rest of our lives, let's do away with Cam for good by inflicting the ever present "Madden curse" upon another unfortunate athlete. :wink:
Let it go

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Moo!!

Vote for Cam? Not gonna happen in a million years..........:cool2:

Besides, you didn't post a link to the voting.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
must be an Aubarn fan?

Did you even read what I posted? I meant this as a joke. I'm sorry y'all take such offense at this, because it was posted in no intent but good fun. And not even close to an Auburn fan for the record, which leads me to believe you didn't even read my post.

and WMack, consider it let go, as I said my original post was simply meant as humor. Sorry if it lead y'all to believe it was anything else.

and RTR91, If you think this is the most classless post you've seen all year, than I wonder what your definition of classless is. May have been classless, but I've certainly seen worse.

My apologies to those who I offended with this, because it certainly wasn't meant that way.

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
I'd vote for Aaron Rodgers, Larry Fitzgerald, or Calvin Johnson. The others are not deserving in my opinion.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
For anyone that doesn't get it, being on front of the Madden cover is worse than the SI jinx. Everybody with the exception of Ray Lewis has had something to happen to them to where they're never the same again (Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, Mike Vick, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, and most recently Peyton Hillis). Although Lewis did break his leg the same year he was on the cover, he was able to regain some semblance of normalcy.

So..the point of this thread was to vote for Cam to get the cover in hopes of him having some sort of catastrophic event happen to him.

And I'll make this amendment to my previous post of "Let it go" with "Let's move on."

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Did you even read what I posted? I meant this as a joke. I'm sorry y'all take such offense at this, because it was posted in no intent but good fun. And not even close to an Auburn fan for the record, which leads me to believe you didn't even read my post.

and WMack, consider it let go, as I said my original post was simply meant as humor. Sorry if it lead y'all to believe it was anything else.

and RTR91, If you think this is the most classless post you've seen all year, than I wonder what your definition of classless is. May have been classless, but I've certainly seen worse.

My apologies to those who I offended with this, because it certainly wasn't meant that way.
U MAD?

:p

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

lol..you got so offensive wondering whether i understood you were joking. did you think for a second whether i was?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
For anyone that doesn't get it, being on front of the Madden cover is worse than the SI jinx. Everybody with the exception of Ray Lewis has had something to happen to them to where they're never the same again (Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, Mike Vick, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, and most recently Peyton Hillis). Although Lewis did break his leg the same year he was on the cover, he was able to regain some semblance of normalcy.

So..the point of this thread was to vote for Cam to get the cover in hopes of him having some sort of catastrophic event happen to him.

And I'll make this amendment to my previous post of "Let it go" with "Let's move on."
Thank you for clarifying the Madden curse for those who didn't understand what I was saying, but I do want to amend one thing you said. I personally wish no harm on Cam Newton as a person, nor do I wish any catastrophic circumstances upon him. What I was referring to was more of the Vince Young circumstance in '08. He had a great rookie year, won the Madden cover, and was projected by most as a rising star of the future, but then he simply faded into oblivian. There were no serious injuries in his case, he just proved that he was a one-hit wonder. That was all I wish for with Cam, nothing more.

Now please, as you said "lets move on" This seriously didn't go in the direction that I was hoping for.

Not mad at all, just a little perturbed at being called "classless" and a "barner". You can call me just about anything else, but those are two words that I never want affilliated with my name in any way, shape, or form. Anyways, I can't expound on this anymore than I have without possibly alienating a mod, so I'll stop now. Hopefully I won't be awarded an Auburn moniker because of this indescretion. :wink:

Roll Tide!!!

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Look at the pic you chose for your avatar? (is that whatcha call it, sry not up on all the lingo). I thought at least you would get it ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.