Can we get a little more softball coverage?

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Seems like with the Softball Team being ranked #2 in the country there'd be a little more coverage on these girls.

Should be "Can we get a little more coverage on Softball"?

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
Re: Caon Softball?n we get a little more coverage

I've been trying to give updates but there has been little comment or discussion . If you have anything to add , please do . As a FHSAA
contest official in baseball and fastpitch softball , I would welcome any discussion of my favorite softball team . If you are really interested , you can Google Alabama Softball and stay up to date daily . :wink:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

There's not much I can add because I live out of state. That's why I'd like a little more coverage. I don't mean all out like football because everyone knows football is king, but scores and stats after a weekend series would be nice so I can keep up a little bit. I really think it's a shame that as well as these girls have done year in and year out the majority of people don't support the softball team that much.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011

Ladies win first 2 games against South Carolina. 9-1 on Friday and a walk off 2 run HR by Reilly-Boccia today to win. They are now 39-2, 16-2 in the SEC. The only consistent coverage I can seem to find is on the Alabama Softball facebook page.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

Bob, I just appreciate the scores being posted here. Like I said, I live out of state and just really hard to get anything on it.
Also,BamaHoHo, thanks for the additional links.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
There is only one thing I dislike about the way softball is played at the college level. CPM does it as well as most of the other major college coaches but I hate it. They use one pitcher. Doesn't matter how many pitches they've thrown or how many innings they are gonna use and use and use that pitcher till they lose a game. We went to the Bama/ au double header and watched JT pitch two complete games. You could tell she was tired in the second game. And it has cost Bama in the past(see Florida last year,etc.). I think it would be great if there were stricter rules concerning that. May even make the coaches to actually recruit 2-4 pitchers who can actually pitch instead of laying all your bets on one horse.Anyway thats my opinion tifwiw.

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
From Rolltide.com and the Alabama Softball facebook page: (both free sites)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The second ranked Alabama softball team powered its way to a series sweep Sunday, blasting five home runs en route to a 19-4 win over South Carolina in front of 3,250 fans at Rhoads Stadium. The Crimson Tide improved to a school-record 40-2 on the year and 17-2 in Southeastern Conference play. South Carolina fell to 23-23 overall and 3-16 in the SEC.
The 19 runs tied a season high, set against Maryland on March 2 and marked the 13th time the Tide has run-ruled its opponent and the 10th time UA has eclipsed 10 runs.
Alabama pounded out 11 hits on the day, enough to help Jackie Traina earn her third win of the series to improve to 26-0 on the year. It was Traina's school-record 28th consecutive winning decision.
An Amanda Locke grand slam was just the beginning of the big first inning for the Tide as back-to-back-to-back home runs raced Alabama to an early lead. After the Locke grand slam, Traina hit a solo home run over the wall in center and then freshman Danae Hays lined the first pitch she saw on the top of the wall and over in left.
The grand slam was a career first for Locke and the Tide went back-to-back-to-back for the first time since Feb. 26, 2011 in a game against Western Michigan at the USF Tournament. Locke and Traina were actually involved in the three straight home runs in the fourth inning against WMU last year.
Alabama wasn't done though, as they scored nine more runs in the second inning. Jazlyn Lunceford hit an RBI double, and scored when Cassie Reilly-Boccia hit a two-run double later in the inning. After loading the bases, Hays drew a walk to knock in another run. With the bases loaded, Jennifer Fenton hit a three-run double to left center, increasing the lead to 15-1 for the Crimson Tide.
Alabama scored three more runs in the bottom of the fourth. Kayla Braud led off with a single and advanced to third on an error. She scored two pitches later on a sacrifice fly by Keima Davis. Lunceford tacked on a solo home run one pitch later, and Hunt followed it up with her 16th of the year to increase the lead to 19-4.
Hunt paced the Tide with three hits and three runs scored while Lunceford added two hits and three runs. Fenton and Reilly-Boccia tallied three RBI while Locke added four on the grand slam.Alabama will cap off its homestand when it hosts Georgia State. The two teams will meet on Tuesday, April 17, with first pitch scheduled for 6 p.m., at Rhoads Stadium.

tidestampede1

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 28, 2007
OK , my wife and I started watching college softball a couple of seasons ago and became a bit " hooked " on the sport , especially SEC and Bama vs whoever . Our grandaughter will be a Jr there next semester so we have become familiar with a lot of Bama activities since she's been a student there. I was born a TIDE fan in 1945 (so i told my age , so what ?) been one ever since . We've noticed this season that there is a large void in the TV coverage of our favorite softball team (BAMA) and softball games , very disturbing . Is there a TV schedule that I'm overlooking or some place else we can find the games?
To the Bama Softball team and organization : Great job ladies and dudes, keep up the good work ! ROLL TIDE !
Tidestampede1 & "Sweetie "

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.