Arkansas Calls Press Conference for 7:15 - Bobby Petrino FIRED

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Jeff Long did the right thing!

Then there is his year with the Falcons. He went there expecting to coach Michael Vick, but that didn't happen and the season was a disaster. Yes, he probably should have told the team in person he was leaving, but I don't blame him for actually taking the Arkansas job.
If you can excuse walking out on the team with three games remaining, not even having the stones to tell them to their faces but typing up a note, then I guess some folks just have different standards of behavior.

And this whole thing is probably getting ready to get a LOT uglier with these phone records...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

If you can excuse walking out on the team with three games remaining, not even having the stones to tell them to their faces but typing up a note, then I guess some folks just have different standards of behavior.

And this whole thing is probably getting ready to get a LOT uglier with these phone records...
I don't excuse the behavior, but that alone doesn't qualify him as a "scum bag."

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Question for Legal Eagles -- What about the Asst S&C Coach??

The phone records are out, and boy did Bobby like to text her on days leading up to games...

Oh yeah... there were definitely picture texts sent.
Clay Travis tweeted this.."Bobby Petrino nude photos are coming. Prepare yourselves. He Favred himself"..

Makes me wonder if some his players shared some "recreational drugs" with their HC..Either that or Petrino is having a major midlife "meltdown"..

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I said he should have told them in person. The fact he left didn't bother me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think the pattern of behavior paints a pretty clear picture.
So "scum bag" =

Meeting the PTB of a school who has yet to fire its coach
Leave an organization without telling the employees
Having an affair with an employee
Lying about information regarding wreck and affair to bosses

Glad to know the definition of the term.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

So "scum bag" =

Meeting the PTB of a school who has yet to fire its coach
Just after signing a new contract and giving his word he'd be there - lying.
Leave an organization without telling the employees
Walking out on a contract - lying.
Having an affair with an employee
Cheating on his wife.
Lying about information regarding wreck and affair to bosses
Lying, there's that pesky word again...
Glad to know the definition of the term.
Pretty open and shut case in my book - he's a serial liar who cheats on his wife.

You guys go ahead and reserve the word for murderers and such, I think it fits ol' Bobby Petrino just fine. Have fun with it.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Y'all I don't mean to defend Petrino, but a couple of things:

1. I want to reserve the phrase "scum bag" for serious cases.
2. The affair and the cover up is a serious case.
3. Lying about a coaching job isn't scum bag level. Too many folks do that these days, rightly or wrongly.

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham

I worked for Jeff Long at another school for a short time years ago. As the story unfolded, I told my wife that if this was going to be Jeff's call, Petrino would be fired. Jeff is a no-nonsense, stand up guy. No doubt the right call...

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA

This type of dirty laundry facinates me. What I am waiting for now is Josh Morgan or Jessica Dorrell coming out in the media. They might have holed up for now. But they cant stay underground forever and human nature has a lot of people very curious to see how this train wreck played out for the less than well known. Funny how Jessica Dorrell has become a household name for all college football fans in such a short amount of time.

Edit: My wife just made a good point. How long before we see this chick in playboy?

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.