SF/SG Devon Walker

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
The kid is 6'6. Most say he is a scorer and can run the point if needed. If he comes great, but if not it's the end of the world for me. I'm not too terribly excited about this one. I got a little more excited about after Hankerson left.

TideorDie87

3rd Team
Dec 24, 2011
Which really doesnt make any sense because they have signed 2 SGs already this year. I think this kid is a big pick up. Uconn, Fla, Fla.St, Kansas St all wanted this kid. He fits our style of play perfectly.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Which really doesnt make any sense because they have signed 2 SGs already this year. I think this kid is a big pick up. Uconn, Fla, Fla.St, Kansas St all wanted this kid. He fits our style of play perfectly.
I know TF has a policy against posting from premium sites, but the meat of it is the distance factor. I think he'd be a good player. He's just not a post player. When I said that it wasn't a knock on him.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
The kid is 6'6. Most say he is a scorer and can run the point if needed. If he comes great, but if not it's the end of the world for me. I'm not too terribly excited about this one. I got a little more excited about after Hankerson left.
What type of scorer? Can he shoot or is he a driver?

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Should have signed Sword or Williams in my opinion.
I don't disagree, but there are a few factors in play. For starters in the fall we only had 1 spot open, but it looked as if we were going after 2. Marcus Hunt, Willie Cauley, Gavin Ware, and Devonta Pollard all had real intersest in us. We were in the top 2 for Hunt, Cauley, and Ware Sadly, they went with their other choice. Hunt and Ware stayed in state while Cauley went to UK. I don't think we can take resources away from those type of prospects to recruit Walker, Williams, and to a lesser extent Haughton. Everybosy except the mid major slow played all three of those guys. The second part of it is that I don't think Chick had any real interest in signing with Alabama. If we knew going into the year that Hankerson would leave and Mitchell would pull his crap I think our recruiting would have been a lot different.

Had our signing class been Haughton, Williams, and Walker in the fall I would not have been happy. Now I'd take that class with bells on. Basketball recruitng is a very fluid situation.

Last edited:

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
I don't think we can take resources away from those type of prospects to recruit Walker, Williams, and to a lesser extent Haughton. Everybosy except the mid major slow played all three of those guys.
And Arkansas.

I just don't like letting the in-state guys get away. We have to fight for every scrap as it is without letting other programs come in and get the local guys.

If we are going to gamble by going after out of state guys over in-state guys we need to land them.

Last edited:

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
And Arkansas.

I just don't like letting the in-state guys get away. We have to fight for every scrap as it is without letting other programs come in and get the local guys.

If we are going to gamble by going after out of state guys over in-state guys we need to land them.
That's true, but what really got Williams to Arkansas was Anderson and the assistant's ties to birmingham.

The only other option we have is going hard are after marginal players instate players. I've never been big on saying we have to sign the best instate players b/c sometimes the best instate player is not SEC level talent. For eaxmple, two years ago Hankerson was rated higher than every player in AL except KT Harrell...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.