What is the recruiting fallout of the termination of Bobby Petrino?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: OK, I'll Ask:)

Doubtful, I believe they only had 2 commitments anyway. However, this pretty much assures us of signing Tenpenny (not that there was much doubt to begin with).

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

I'm more concerned with Petrino leaving than him there, especially with Tenpenny being from Little Rock, Arkansas and already committed. Never know how a new coach may make him a priority and sell the running game, it seemed he was not interested in Arkansas's pass oriented system.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I'm more concerned with Petrino leaving than him there, especially with Tenpenny being from Little Rock, Arkansas and already committed. Never know how a new coach may make him a priority and sell the running game, it seemed he was not interested in Arkansas's pass oriented system.
Right.

Tenpenny was never going to Fayetteville to watch the QB air it out 40 times per game, hence his early commitment to us. But if a new coach comes in with a greater focus on the running game, things could get dicey for us, especially given that they'll be able to sell immediate playing time.

As for other recruits, it's a complete non-issue. We're just recruiting completely different players.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Right.

Tenpenny was never going to Fayetteville to watch the QB air it out 40 times per game, hence his early commitment to us. But if a new coach comes in with a greater focus on the running game, things could get dicey for us, especially given that they'll be able to sell immediate playing time.

As for other recruits, it's a complete non-issue. We're just recruiting completely different players.
Which is why I would rather them just go the interim route and give a new coaching staff little time to recruit Altee. Considering we have no connections to the state of Arkansas on our roster or coaching staff, we need all the advantages we can get when recruiting there.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Think I am more worried about the Hogs offering Kirby Smart. Doubtful .... but not impossible
Not impossible, but very, very doubtful. Hogs are apparently looking to go with more of a passing game guru, they won't make a defensive hire.

Losing Smart, though, whenever that happens, will have some negative recruiting ramifications. Can't dispute that.

Glenn_B

1st Team
May 31, 2010
Lost in Tennessee

I only hope that when CKS does finally go for a HC job he goes the way of CJM (a small school in the mountains) We don't need another Florida where W. Muschamp's recruiting so far has outpaced his production.
That said, I don't see Coach Smart going to Arkansas or anywhere else untill at least the end of the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.